1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for slip on soft cheek pad

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mt, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt

mt Member

Hi, we're looking for a soft cheek pad that can slip onto or velcro onto my wifes stock....its a very large montecarlo stock...custom. We prefer not to have one that glues on. The comb height is fine, we just need to soften the cheek/side.

I know that a custom stock shouldn't need it, and that we should go back for more work but every flight back is many, many hundreds of dollars.....and i can't throw much more money at this stock. Its been a very trying experience.

We did pad up the cheek area with some neoprene and it helped. thanks

2. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Have you checked the pitch on her stock? The recoil pad, top to bottom, should make simultaneous contact with her shoulder when she mounts her gun using the body posture used when the gun is fired.

Rollin

3. mt

mt Member

Rollin, thank you, you are always so willing to help, i really appreciate it.

With regards to pitch, it does look like it matches her well and we did have the gun stock custom made for her by a very famous outfit.

Just trying to pad it up so she can shoot it.

4. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I have a Wrapid-Comb I will send you. Just send me an e-mail and you can have it. low8X2@yahoo.com

5. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

You might use the comb raising kit without the raising pads.

6. Rollin Oswald

mt:

Something is causing your wife to experience cheek pain. If the pitch is correct, it may be the way she mounts her gun, her weight distribution or another stock dimension that affects the way her cheek makes contact with the comb.

Anything applied to the comb to provide a softer surface will raise her eye and her gun's point of impact. It is also possible move her head and eye to the inside and make horizontally alighting her eye with the rib more difficult.

Rollin

7. mt

mt Member

Duckman, what can i say but thank you.....i've sent you an email.

Rollin, i know you're correct, I absolutely understand what you're saying (I really enjoyed reading your book) but i don't know what else to do. We took lessons with a very big name in the sport and that was fun.....reportedly her basic form is ok. We went to a very big name stockmaker and spent a fortune, spent 2 days there so as not to rush the process.

This really is a wonderful forum. Thanks to all.

8. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I mailed the Wrapid comb this morning. Enjoy!

9. Rollin Oswald

MT:

If you find the pad raises the level of your wife's eye too far and she is looking down-onto the rib too much, consider adding an add-on rib.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.