1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for shell vendors at the Grand

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bt_shooter, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bt_shooter

bt_shooter TS Member

Hello everyone, I'm debateing if I should buy my shells here at home, or if I should get them at the Grand. Does anyone know what stores will be selling their shells out there and have a price list online. Thanks!

Luke Eames

2. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Most brands will be available at the Grand. Also Walmort in Sparta sold shells last year. Do not know if they will again this year. - Jim

3. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Sparta WalMart had some good bargains on shells last year. Folks were hauling them out by the truckload.

If someone from the Sparta area could check with the local WalMart to see if there will be a large supply, and good prices like last year. Please post back here as it would be appreciated.

4. dennis b

dennis b Member

I just spoke with the Sporting Goods Manager at the Wal Mart in Sparta. He said he had 3 trailer truck loads of shells coming in. He said that he thought the price was going to be $55 per flat. He also said that there would not be a discount on multiple flats. They also sell shells on the grounds. I, also, thought the pricing there was fair last year. Thanks. DennisB

5. bt_shooter

bt_shooter TS Member

6. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Luke:

The official shell house was operated by Gamaliel at the Grand last year. I believe they were the one and only shell vendor on the WSRC grounds.

As previously mentioned, in 2006 the Sparta Wally World (located on Route 4 approximately 4 miles from the gun club grounds) stocked three semi trailer loads of STS/Nitro, Gold Medals, and AA's. They were about $55 per flat and some people were literally hauling them out the door in full shopping carts.

I suspect you can get 2007 prices if you e-mail Gamaliel.

sissy

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Gamaliel is shell vendor at the Grand again this year.

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

At the US OPEN Gamaliel had a limited selection. Walmart had STS, AA and TopGuns for less.

Don

9. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I think supporting Gamaliel's would be an excellent suggestion.
    They support us all year. Free world.

Joe Woods/Ontario

10. Dave90T

Dave90T TS Member

How are the selections at the Wal-Mart and shell house? Looking for 2 3/4 dram, 1 1/8 loads of 8 1/2's and 8's, and 1oz loads of 9's and 8's. AA's are good, but STS and Federal's will do. Will they have the "odd" (8 1/2's, 9's) stuff, or strictly "main stream" (7 1/2, 8) loads?

11. dshot

dshot Member

dave90t, can you list the prices?
    Thanks

12. bt_shooter

bt_shooter TS Member

Hello, Does anyone know the e-mail address to Gamaliel's? I want to find out if they will have the Rio shells at the Grand. Thanks!

Luke Eames

13. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Luke,

Click on the above link.

Jason

14. Ms Belle

Ms Belle TS Member

I think if you call or email gamaliel they will work with you on bringing up what type shells you want if they are not the standard trap loads. I am sure they wouldn't mind letting you in on what the prices are going to be either, they have a history of being good about working with their customers.

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I always say if WalMart don't have it, you probably don't need it and that goes for shotgun shells also ... The fact is that WalMart supports the shooters also by the fact that they keep shells on hand all year long and keep the prices as affordable as possible ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. kolar12

kolar12 Member

I just called them and they said STS would be $59.95. They do not have a price on Nobel yet. Gary

17. Pacemaker

Pacemaker Member

Just support the local guy and buy your shells. I came to the conclusion a long time ago, that if you can afford to travel to the Grand, get a motel for the week, take off work, buy $3 gas and shoot a gun that you paid too much for, why hunt the cheap shells. The cost of additional fuel to haul the shells is worth something. Go ahead and live it up. Buy some new name brand shells at the shoot. You can even feel real big time if you leave your shell bag at home and kick'em all on the ground.

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Bro Jerry,

I used to talk to the snotty nosed kid until I found I was getting the same results as you obviously are getting, which in a nut shell is none ... I talked to the Store manager and the Store manager put me in touch with the sporting goods manager and I never had a problem since ... They will order anything I ask them to order and as much or as little as I ask them to order but they will not break open flats on orders ... The store you are going to may not handle the shells you are asking for but they can and will usually get them for you if you ring the right bell ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.