1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for recoil pad jig

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SPACE GUN, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I would like some input on different jigs for fitting recoil pads. What type do you like and where can I purchase one. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. Also best place to buy kickezz recoil pads.

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

The Graco one is excellent, even better than the old standard Miles Gilbert. Click the link. They sell the pads too.

-Gary

3. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

Brownells

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0/k=recoil+pad+jig/t=P/ksubmit=y/Products/All/search=recoil_pad_jig

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

In my opinion, and I seem to have many, don't use the Graco or its twin by B-Square. Reason is that the pads all have straighted finished sides, whereas the stock itself always tapers out fron-to-back.

I have used about every one there is and the Brownell's jig, that resembles a sheephearder's hook is by far the best. It can be adjusted to give the correct toe anngle AND the front-to-back taper.

I think I have a picture of it and will no go look for it to past in here.

However, if you are dead set on the Graco/B-Square, I'd be happy to sell you mine for less than I paid for it.

Whiz

[​IMG]

5. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Unfortunately, the B&R has been backordered for quite some time and I'm told that Brownell's (the only supplier) can no longer get them!

B-Square is no longer in business, I'm told. The Graco unit appears to be pretty much the same, though.

I know nothing of the Pad Pal, except that it is sold by Gunsmither Tools and sells for $49.95. Looks like it might be on a par with the B&R device.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I saw that the B&R was $125. I have two and together they aren't worth more than $50 for the pair. Boy, no wonder B&R is out of business.

Whiz

7. alant

alant TS Supporters TS Supporters

I use the Pad Pal. Works great. Simple to set up and use. Alan

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Whiz, I'm confused. You like the sheepherder's hook style which is what the B&R is but you don't like the B&R. Is it substantially different than the Brownell's jig?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
graco recoil pad fixture vs miles gilbert

gunsmither pad pal video

how to use the gunsmither pad pal
miles gilbert recoil pad fixture vs graco