1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for places to Hunt GroundHogs in Mid Altan

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 1oz, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oz

1oz Member

Looking to to find some property with plenty of ground hogs to hunt in Mid Altantic states . We are responsible hunters . located in Central Va . We are willing to drive 200 300 miles . Help contact via email . Remove the XXX's

Thanks ,
    Jim

2. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

Jim
    I used to find lots of groundhogs in the Jefferson City, Johnson City, Mountain City Tn. areas. Was easy to get permission from farmers to hunt , I told them I was doing them a favor by eliminating the holes that their livestock could step into and break a leg (really). I got many 300 yard shots from tops of ridges in those areas. Also, the farms around Abington is a good place.
    Sometimes, when the breezes kicked up, I went from a Swift to a .270 on the long shots. Lots of fun, good luck

3. 1oz

1oz Member

hey Snap thanks , Same as around home farmers welcome you with hands open . Gots lots of land around the homesite always looking for greener pastures an possible a 2 or 3 day trip . We had been talking about SD but i was also told of a plague working on the prarie dogs any truth to that????

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.