1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for Perazzi Comp 1 bunker

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jakearoo, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Mark, How much do you think you will have to pay for this gun? Jake

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

I own three of these. Two of they are 1974 Type 3 guns and I recently purchased one of the very early 1967 Hand made ones. Depending on condition and Type they should sell for $1800 to about $3k for a real primo example. Make sure you discount if they have Briley Screw ups installed. These guns had hand honed chokes and Screw Up alter point of impact. These are great guns but be prepared to send it to Giacomo for a rebuild. BTW there is a 30" MX8 for sale on this board and the desired barrel weight for bunker is more like less than 1.6KG.

TB

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

It took us a long time to find a Perazzi Comp 1 O/U in it's original condition. Seems like all the skeeters had bought them up and tubed them. :-(

Then we finally found one from a dealer who brought it to the Kansas State Shoot for us to see, and before we could get to his trailer, somebody had bought it!

After another long search, we found another one. When you find one with the original barrels that is in good shape (IF the owner will sell it), you will probably pay in the $3K (or slightly above) range. But I think they are worth it.

Wish Perazzi would make them again...

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

I just bought a 1967 Type 2 Gun that was primo. All numbers matched. Only thing was that someone had replaced the recoil pad. I estimate that the gun had less than 1000 round through it. Sat in someones safe for 25+ years.... $2200.

You have to be careful as some of the very early guns might have parts problems. The biggest expense is a new top lever which is about a $5-700 repair.

TB

5. thewolf

thewolf TS Member

Indiana gun club has a few Comp ones. Don't know the barrel configurations. Jaquas.com also had two a while back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.