1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for o/u for young lady

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hangn7, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hangn7

hangn7 TS Member

I am looking for suggestions for an O/U shotgun for a young lady. She is 4' 11' and about 80 pounds. She will not be this size long so looking something that would fit now for doubles. She shoots a BT 99 micro now. At state 92 and a 96. Lets find a gun for her. Thanks Mark Peterson

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Browning Citori Plus 30" with porting. Already has a recoil reducer. LOP is adjustable, along with comb, and the rib. Buy a Recoiless Engineering/SteveJones pad adjuster ($50) and you can make it fit her now and for years to come. The porting on the bottom barrel (as well as the top) really helps muzzle jump on the way to the second target. Around $1200-$1500.

You (and she) won't be disappointed once she gets used to the high rib. Good luck.

If you want to go all out, try to find the Citori Plus Combo gun setup. It'll be at least $1000 higher, but once she converts over, you can put the BT99 Micro up for sale. ;-)

3. hangn7

hangn7 TS Member

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

You should also post your question in the Want To Buy section of this site, if you have not already done so (I did not see it)

Too bad Browning does not make a Micro stock for their Cynergy, although a person could cut a standard stock and replace it later, or keep the cut off portion and add it back on later.

The Cynergy receiver has a smaller profile and does not handle the same as the blocky Cotori. Thus it feels more comfortable with smaller hands.

The Cynergy is faster and smoother as far as I am concerned.

They make a Cynergy "Feather" model that weighs under 6 pounds, 28 inch barrels but does not come as a trap model. of course that makes the "felt" recoil problem greater. I use 7/8oz for both my doubles shots.

Good luck, fitting a gun for children and small people gets pricy sometimes.

Please let us know in followup of your success. Many have your problem.

5. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

This is weird! I was looking for a young lady O/U!

6. hangn7

hangn7 TS Member

At this point we are just looking for ideas and suggestions. That will help us decide what might work the best. Thank you very much for the suggestions and the PM. All the info is very helpful. Thanks Mark

7. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Just be sure not to get her one that is too heavy. Also although some would disagree,I think there is nothing wrong with 28 in barrels for a small franmed person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.