1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for load data

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gasman03, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gasman03

gasman03 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    I am looking for load data for the old Remington RXP green and blue hulls. I am using 700X powder now on other hulls but if a different powder would work better I am not aposed to that. I bought a bunch of them on an auction and would like to use them.

Thanks for the help Corey
  2. ol 12 shooter

ol 12 shooter TS Member

Jan 22, 2007
    There's a bunch of different loads you can produce with that hull and different powders.
  3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Mar 14, 2006

The current loads listed for the STS hulls and 700-X on the IMR website appear to be the same as what they had for the older RXP hulls. I used 16.5 grains of 700-X, Winchester 209 primer and the WAA12 or RXP wad with 1 1/8 oz of shot. That produced a little under 1200 fps from my 3200. They listed upwards of 17.5 grains of 700-X, but the pressures appeared to be in the higher reaches of normal with some wad combinations. Look at www.imrpowder.com and look for the data. Here are two URLS for the data on 1oz and 1 1/8oz.

You can find contact information on their site and you should possibly verify the data with them. The RXP and the STS apppear to have almost identical interior dimentions, so I believe the data would be valid for both. I would just suggest that you get it from the source.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.