1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for leather shooting bags...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jeff P, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

We're looking for a (cheaper) source of leather shooting bags - not just the 4 box carriers, but real over the shoulder shooting bags that hold shells, glasses, plugs, towel, etc etc.

Lonesome Charlies has nice ones....but I was curious if anyone had ever contracted with a leather works shop to have a bunch custom made.

jeff

2. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i got one from shamrock leathers in minn..i like it very well dwain

3. old pipe

old pipe TS Member

Cowboy Rick makes some very nice ones, all hand made, You tell him what you want and he`ll make it to specs. He will be in Las Vegas Feb. 28, 2008 at
    the Las Vegas Gun Club shoot. Hope this helps you.
    pineapple

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I got a used one eight box with three pockets in very good shape . I bought a four box with one pocket that works for an old man better

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Your not going to find a better product at a better price than the Lonesome Charle's. Go for it. Nuff said. Break-em all. Jeff

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Thanks guys.

Appreciate the help...we're having our singles marathon in April, and we've given out so many of the 4 box carriers that I'm afraid we've kind of overdone it.

EVERYBODY (but me) has one. I can't seem to hit the ground on days we shoot for nice leather goods. On days when we give knives away, however, I can beat Ohye, Stafford, Campbell et al. I have enough freaking knives to start a street gang. Go figure.

The lonesome charlie soft shooting bag is nice...but at $181, we can't afford the 12 we'd need to buy for trophies. I was hopeful that someone knew a good leather worker that would make us something for around the $100 mark....

We'll probably just do 4 box carriers. Maybe I'll get lucky!

jeff

7. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

Rick Marshall just had a whole bunch on sale a short time ago. Check with him to see if he still has some for sale.

8. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

My cousin, Noreen, runs a leather shop in KY. I don't know anything about her prices, but she's very gifted in leather. Shop is called NC Tack Repair & Leather Works. Just call her and send her pictures as an example of what you want, and I know she could make them. Tell her I sent you.

13306 W Highway 42
    Prospect, KY 40059
    Local: 502-228-8291

--BrowningGal (Jeri Brock)

9. J.D.Shaeffer

J.D.Shaeffer TS Member

Hey Jeff i have a load of them how much are u willing to spend? per bag I have some very nice shamrock bags with trophy championship names on it i will let go for very good price

10. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Shamrock has a leather bag w/strap for $90.00 ea. retail. Probably the best bang for the buck anywhere.

11. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

Here is a place local to me that makes saddlebags for motorcycles. They might be prety hungry this time of year, give them a call.

tom

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Jeff, check your messages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

leather shoulder bags for trap shooting

shamrock leather trap shooting good sam