1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for Kolar TS Trap Info (Pro's/Con's)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kolar1000, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolar1000

kolar1000 TS Member

Best trap gun I ever owned. You will not go wrong if you buy one. They are a heavy gun but no recoil at all. I would like to tell you how good their service is but after three years of owning a T/S I have not had any problems to deal with their service department.

2. Desert Hiker

Desert Hiker Member

Great comments, thanks,
    Ron

3. morepowder

morepowder TS Member

Wanted to buy American. Had one it was a lemon. They did not fix it. Sold it at a loss. Not a good experience. They could have fixed it ten times over for what it has cost them in people I have told about it and will continue to tell. Kind of just like American cars. I did that too. Never again. Hope some day we get it. Just my experience. Good luck.

4. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

I own one and really think that it is a great trap gun. Mine has a wood upgrade stock of English Walnut and looks real nice. Also the stock has a lot of right hand cast that suits me (they offer a number of different factory stock offsets and also total custom).

It has a huge amount of steel around the shell in the chamber/monoblock area. The gun is heavy but a lot of that weight is in the middle of the gun so it isn't muzzle heavy or light. I like having a heavy quality American gun but most other models do not use a thumb operating lever, which I prefer.

There are at least two different rib profiles available that both adjust, along with the stock, so you can get the point of impact with the sight picture you want. The trigger on mine is 3 and 1/4 pounds with very little creep and is consistent.

5. red hammer

red hammer Member

I had a kolar and had problems I thought made in America was the way to go was I wrong . Terrible service ,want stand behind there product ,you will lose more than half when you buy it ,no resale at all ,wouldn't walk across the street to pick up a kolar ..been there never again

6. hdbrs

hdbrs Member

never owned one but i liked the way it felt. talked to a friend who did have one and said it was bad from the factory and had an extremely hard time with customer service. sold at a huge loss. he talked me but of buying one.

7. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

There is no "con" to owning a Kolar.

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I don't know where the people who said that the cutomer service was bad went BUT I have had a couple of things done to my Kolar at the factory and I never encountered better customer servioce anywhere or on and product.

The gun itself is a wonderful experience to shoot. I am 5'9" and weigh 170 pounds. I am also in my 70' and have never felt that the gun was heavy. It is very well balanced. I doesn't require "annual maintanance" which also saves about $600 per year over the other "K" gun.

I would buy a Kolar again. In fact, my friend who has a Perazzi 2000 combo is nagging me to sell him my Kolar.

9. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

Were the problem guns you fellows mention actually the T/S model (which is a true single shot only gun) or with the original over/under? Years back I noticed Kolars double firing, both the trap and Sporting Clay guns. They definately had trigger issues with their earlier guns but the guys who send them back seemed satisfied with the service. That problem seems to have been taken care of years ago.

I have never personally seen a problem on the line with the T/S model.

10. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I shoot a Kolar T/S, Being left handed, I requested a #1 Left handed stock.
    Been a pleasure to shoot. I would recommend this firearm. My only problem is that I am a slow learner. It doesn't work well for doubles. Know I need to update my doubles gun.
    These discussions of poor Kolar Service must be a different Kolar Co. than I deal with. Jeff Mainland and his crew have been the finest people to deal with.
    There must be more to there story than they describe.

All the Best !

Joe Woods/Ontario

11. thunder

thunder Active Member

Would like to hear the whole story on both sides that didn't have good service on their guns.

Not associated with Kolar past or present. As a retired independent manufactured representative for companies over the years I learned one thing about people, you can never please everyone no matter what you do.

Kolar guns are one of the finest built, bullet proof and customer service has always been way above and beyond. I can't say enough about the people at Kolar always courteous, very helpful and stand behind their products 100%. Customer Service #1 in the industry in my view.

12. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

13. Kubota Bill

Kubota Bill TS Member

I have a 2.5 year old Kolar T/S. I shot 10000 registered birds last season and shoot about 5 to six rounds at least per week practise. Zero problems. I bought a release package from them and it was done fast. Changing from pull to release takes 30-40 seconds tops. Many of my friends have shot it and all feel it is built like a tank but is smooth to handle. I am amazed there are any negative posts here. I dont think I have ever seen a timeout on the line for a broken Kolar. Obviously, I am really pleased with mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
finest ts traps

kolar ts

kolar ts for sale
ts kolar for sale
why buy a kolar ts