1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for info

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by schultzie, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schultzie

schultzie TS Member

I am interested in learning how to shoot. I have never done this before, but really want to learn. Are there any classes for beginners? This is something I want to learn, and be able to teach my boys when they are old enough. Any information is greatly appreciated. Just looking for a good place to start....

Thanks,
    Schultzie

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The place to start is at one or several trap clubs where you can ask and find out if they have any beginner or basic coaching. You can listen, ask questions, seek a person or two that will give you some time getting started. Stick out your hand and introduce yourself then ask and listen closely. Once the basics are learned, field etiquette, safety rules, types and styles of guns, stance, gun hold, pointing rather than aiming and so on, you'll learn much by just shooting practice a lot before, if ever, spending several hundred dollars getting professionally coached....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ditto what Dodd said, BUT, you first need a working MENTAL knowledge of the game! Read a few good books on the game FIRST before you go out to shoot!

4. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

If you have never handled a gun, start with a hunter safety course, offered by your local conservation office. Then visit a local gun club. Then attend a clinic by a top shooter. Be sure to include your kids in all these steps, that's the fun part, being together. Trapshooting is a wonderful family sport that you can share for a lifetime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.