1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for info about club in North Carolina

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RickA, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickA

RickA Member

I was wondering if anyone had any information about a club called Buckhorn in Mebane NC. I sent an email to the contact person listed from the ATA site but have recieved no response. It sounds like from the description a really nice club. I'd like to go out and check it out next week, probably won't be shooting due to surgery recently but I'll be back later in the year and would like to go then.
    Anyone shoot there and have info?
    Thanks
    Rick

2. lc

lc TS Member

They shoot practice on Wednesdays from noon until around five. Also, shoot on Saturdays and Sundays. Very nice group of people, just stop in when your in the area.

3. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

It's a smaller Club, has 3 trapfields. It also has some of the nicest people you will ever run up on operating, and frequenting it. Great food at the Registered Shoots, and a Whopper of a Mid 50 pures over $2000. You will like it I guarantee you. J.Woolsey

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Check your PM

FRedmon

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

RickA here is a link to the information I have on Buckhorn.

Bob Lawless

6. RickA

RickA Member

Thanks guys thats pretty much the info I had and then what I read on the ATA site.
    Looks like a place to check out when I'm there just wish it could be down the end of my 12 gauge.
    Rick

7. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Buckhorn is a truly great club. Besides being very friendly the club goes above and beyond as far as charity is concerned. They hold several fund raisers during the year =, including a "Toys For Tots Shoot'. They even hosted a group of disabled people & gave them a chance to shoot. Club members got the chance to experience wheel chair shooting. I drive 170 miles each way to shoot at Buckhorn. I go out of my way to shoot there becauce Buckhorn is not your typical run of the mill club. With luck I'll get a "money" punch on their big mid 50. Come on out the money is up for grabs. They even make a "Yankee" like me feel at home.

Phil Berkowitz

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I need to move to NC

9. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Lou,

You have no idea how nice it is here in NC. We need some folks from out west to offset the Yankees who've moved here (like 635 G).

The folks at Buckhorn are first class. Go check it out. In the heat of summer, you won't sweat, 'cause Jimmy sells shade cheap.

Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.