1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for Hornady Apex 3.1 Parts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hejumper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. hejumper

hejumper Member

Looking for parts or the complete first station on the 3.1 Automatic. The coil like sleeve on the outside is broken on the bottom and the parst fall out. Thank you, Larry

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Look at this thread. The OP may be able to help you.

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

hejumper, I can tell you Hornady does NOT have the part...

Just so you know, the coil spring you show is the 'new' version of the sizer - the old one was straight walled.

Is it truly broken (as in two pieces) or does it just not work??

I had the same problem - the coil got bent out of round - I tried to make it 'pretty' and it failed constantly. I talked with Hornady tech services and the trick is the BOTTOM of the unit needs to be perfectly square to the shell plate for it to work correctly - pretty doesn't matter - square does.

I few trips to the vice (I used a large piece of round stock as an anvil to gently re-hammer the coils until they were square to the shell plate and it is now a happy camper.

Hope this helps.

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Find a 3.0 or early 3.1 with the previous deprime system... it will also work...

Jay

5. hejumper

hejumper Member

I think the coil spring is broken on the end. It seems to be made to contain the springs and things that are inside. I have been able to get every part I need from Hornady except this one. I broke lots of parts until I got used to how it works and the correct sounds as primers punch, shot and power drops, etc. I can center the shell under the station to punch the primer, but wo the insides the auto primer feed doesn't work and it won't resize. I have not been able to get an exploded diagram showing just how this station contains all its insides. I could take manufacturing drawings and have some parts made. I'm just hoping someone has one they'd like to sell and/or Hornady will take pitty on me and help out. Other than the 1st station the reloader works really well now that I'm used to it. Larry

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

My re-sizer must be the "old type" as there is nothing knurled on the end. Is that good or bad??

7. spitter

The original design worked fine... I have that on my 3.0 and one of my early 3.1s... it deprimes and resizes...

Larry... PM your email and I'll send you the exploded diagram from my 3.1 manual... I wish I had a few extra cylinders to sell, but see if you can find a 3.0 as a spare or ask Hornady if they have the 97/3.0 deprime tooling...

Jay

8. hejumper

hejumper Member

Thx Jay, PM sent.

9. djcuda

djcuda Member

PM sent

10. spitter

Larry, email sent to you... BTW, if I recall correctly, if you should stumble across a 3.1 20 gauge - the resizer parts are generally interchangeable - the 3-pc dies inside are the only difference...

Let me know if you need anything else...

Jay

11. hejumper

hejumper Member

Thank you Dave and Jay for the diagrams. I've ordered the die segments and the coil spring keeper is on back order. In a month or so I should have station 1 fully functional. It looks like the keeper may have just caught on a shell and the segments fell out. There are 3 of them. I thought it was one piece (no diagram in my manual) so I assumed it broke.

Again, thanks to everyone who jumped in to help.

Larry

12. spitter

The lip on the part C can deform as well as come out of round... it is after all lightweight material... so Part C is on back order?! That's good news...

Jay

13. igorattrapshooters

igorattrapshooters TS Member

I am looking for previous deprime system from earlier apex 3.0 or 3.1, the one with aluminum spiral retainer that holds size die segments to the size die body. Thx

Search tags for this page
apex hornady parts
hornady apex automatic shotshellhull reloader

hornady apex parts

hornady apex reloader for sale

hornady apex reloader parts

hornady apex shell plate
i need a part for hornady apex reloader