1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for gunsmith in Iowa to work on SKB O/U

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brad Roberts, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Roberts

Brad Roberts TS Member

I have a SKB 605 O/U that has a firing pin on the lower barrel that is weak. It will work some of the times and other times, it will barely dent the primer and not fire the shell. I am looking for recommendation on a gunsmith, preferably in Iowa but I am willing to send it somewhere to get the job done. Please post any responses or email me at cwbcdad@yahoo.com or call me at 319-360-2286. Thanks, Brad

2. dodge ram

dodge ram Member

SEND IT TO SKB IN OMAHA NEBRASKA, THEY ARE GREAT .

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Call SKB at 800-752-2767. Ask for Don. He will take care of you. If you were in Tn, I would help you out. I service the SKB shotgun.

These are very good guns, with many features found in five figure shotguns.

4. clayshooter555

clayshooter555 TS Member

This happened to my SKB...turns out that it was a broken cocking rod spring causing it and nothing related to the firing pin. If the cocking rod doesn't fully retract then the hammer glances off it on the way to the firing pin and takes enough energy off the hammer so that the primer is dimpled but the shell doesn't fire.

If this is your cause then it will be a 10 minute job for your gunsmith. Good luck. And I second the comment about Don at SKB.

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have one locally and then one in Wells Minn

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi brad, i can help with the skb. if you are coming to the missouri fall handicap in linn creek, mo bring it along and i can fix it there. thanks doug hubbart (573)286-9905 jd28hd@aol.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

319-360-2286

skb cocking rods hangs