1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for gun shop in NorCal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kevin Fleming, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

A relative in Sacremento area has developed an interset in trap and would like to purchase. Any recommendations for a shop that could help her get into a starter gun and help with fit. I suggested that she look at autos since that is going to be more in her price range to start. She is close to Roseville.

K

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I always stop at the above linked shop in Vacaville when I travel to CA. Mark

3. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Trapshooting guns and fitters are almost nonexistent here in the Roseville area.

I would suggest her check out J&G gunsmithing here in the Roseville area. They have a good selection of new and used guns to handle and have a gunsmith that can do modifications to the stock.

http://www.jandggunsmithing.com/

4. fearnot

fearnot Member

Try coon creek trap and skeet. They are located just north of Lincoln, about 15 miles from roseville. They have 9 trap 2skeet fields plus 14 station sporting and 5 stand plus bunker. They have a womens day coming up in june for beginers.

5. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions. She has been going to Coon Creek, a place I have always wanted to shoot. The foothills are a beautiful area to me.

K

6. THEKIDFAN

THEKIDFAN Member

Website Address: http://www.gunsfishing.com/

I always stop at the above linked shop in Vacaville when I travel to CA. Mark

I live less then 10 mins away from these "guys" and if they were the last gun shop on earth I wouldn't deal with them! JMO

There is a guy up in Sparks, Nv. named Tom Forbes he has his shop on the second floor of the clubhouse at the trap range and he is great to deal with, treats kids especially well. He has many new and used guns pick one out and go shoot it is what he told us. Long drive but well worth it very nice fields also.

7. jacksback

jacksback Active Member

Coyote Valley Sporting Clays in Morgan Hill is a good 2 hours South of Roseville, but is a sporting clays range with 2x skeet fields and a so-so trap field and a few guns you can demo. They are Beretta, Benelli and Browning, CG and Fabarm dealers.

8. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Tom Forbes is not in Sparks -he's in Carson City.

see http://www.capcityclays.com/proshop.html

Very good selection; easy to deal with.

Ted K.

9. 7771

7771 Active Member

I second Tom Forbes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.