1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for good priced shells: northern VA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sernv99, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

looking for anyone in the northern VA/MD area who buys bulk 12 gauge target ammo. Rio, Remington, etc is fine...don't really need the top of the line stuff like Fed. Gold or Nitro but something better than Walmart Federal bulk packs. My local club is charging me $67/flat for Rios Top Sporting so anything cheaper than that is good.

I did order a couple flats of Nobelsports from Gamiels (spelling ??) but with shipping included, I don't know if ordering online is going to save me a significant amount of money.

so if you are from the northern VA area and order in bulk, I would like to know if I could go in on a deal with you.

thanks.

-Mike

2. mosby1

mosby1 TS Member

check the remington rebate of 2$ a box, if you wait for dicks to have a sale they can be around 7.50-2=550 for sts... limit of 10cases i think. just check the sunday post they have a dicks insert (lol) and you can see when they go on sale.

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

sernv99

I usually go up to PA and stock up. Even with the gas, lunch, and tax, it comes out as a deal if you buy enough. I usually head up that way every couple of months to stock up on components. I think they had several different shells available for well under $55 a flat when I was there last. Some were just under $50, like most of the Rios, if I remember correctly. Premium shells were in the upper $60's to lower $70's.

If you call Mark Biggins at Prince George's county facility in Mary-Land, he might be able to give you an idea of what they have on hand. It might save you a trip north if you are looking for only a few flats. They are sometimes pretty reasonable and they aren't too far from Northern VA.

Shipping is the deal breaker, since it adds quite a bit to the cost.

4. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

sernv99,

If you join the Arlington-Fairfax Izaak Walton League of America in Centreville, you will be able to buy ammo and reloading components at cost. The man in charge of the ammo purchases it from CAC Associates. You pay what he pays, including shipping and tax. The club is only four minutes from Bull Run. Besides being a great place to buy ammo, etc., it is a great club.

I have included a link to the club above. Here is the url: http://www.arlingtonfairfax-iwla.org/

Bruce

5. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

thanks, will call PG Country Trap and Skeet.....I know on another forum, there was a group of folks from Cecil County, MD who were advertising a group buy of Rios @ $53/flat. They buy every so often but I was hoping to find someone more local to me who can get the same cheap price without spending half the day driving.

Thanks again.

-Mike

6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

thanks Bruce

their membership has filled up for 2009, so 2010 is when I could apply :-(

I'll apply anyway and make note of it for next year.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.