1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for easy way to Measuring powder

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapshotr15, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshotr15

trapshotr15 TS Member

I am looking for an easy way to measure out powder. I recently purchased a keg of gunpwder ( 8lb) with a friend of mine & we need to split it up into 1 lb contianers. Does anyone have a simple & cost effective solution ?

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Paper bags and a scale. And dont smoke.

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

If you don't have a scale to weigh it, you could always use the "volume" method and come pretty darn close. After all, reloading presses use the volume method to dispense powder into the hulls for reloading.

For example: Use an 8 ounce measuring cup to put one cup in each of 8 containers. Then, depending on how much is left in the 8 pound jug, put say 1/2 cup in each of the 8 containers. Then put 2 tablespoonsful in each of the 8 containers. Continue this way until you are splitting a teaspoon in each of the 8 containers. By that time, it won't make any difference if one container gets 1/2 teaspoon more than another. Mission accomplished without the use of a scale.

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Easy has the idea. For most shotgun powders a pound is going to be about 3-eight Oz cups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.