1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for Design Plan for a Trap Field

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by FredB, Jul 4, 2013.

1. FredB

FredB Member

Planning to build a trap field and I've been unable to find a set of plans that provides information regarding the layout with dimensions for the shooting position and trap house as well as anything else I need to know as I'd like to make it within ATA specifications.

Thanks!

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Here's one of many from a Google search for ATA trap field plans.

Eric

3. James344

James344 Active Member

Get a copy of the ATA Rule book. There is a complete design with proper measurements in there.

4. Bob M

Bob M Member

Build the traphouse first. It defines two of the three coordinates of 'Point B', 18 inches back from the front face of the house and centered left to right. The vertical position is defined by the height of the finished firing position of pot three. The walkways are formed up based on Point B.

This pdf file is good, but outdated. It shows the older definition for Point B, 30 inches back from the front face of the house. Traphouse dimensions are in the rulebook on page 46. Flights and Angles on page 47 talks more about the location of Point B.

5. FredB

FredB Member

Thanks guys all good info I think this is just what I was looking for to get started! I successfully recruited my mother-in-law, 2 brother-in-laws and two nephews yesterday my brother-in-laws both have backhoes my mother-in-law has 80 acres of unused hay fields. Goal is to be shooting by October!

Besides having the plans(now)..I'm paying for the thrower! Cheap price to pay seeing I'm getting a trap field within walking distance to my house! Just need to make sure the wife does not divorce me.

Search tags for this page

ata trap field layout

ata trap field layout dimensions
ata trap field specifications
ata trap house design
ata trap house plans
trap field design
trap field layout dimensions
trap shooting platform plans