1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for cherry condition 870TC trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by CalvinMD, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I am looking to find one of these for my Brother. He is trying to find a mint condition Rem 870 TC Trap with the straight stock, long forend, and the overbored step rib trap barrel..prefers fixed full choke but Rem Chokes ok too...must be as nearly new as possible...email me with photos and your asking price...CalvinMD

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Calvin, I could be wrong (and often am) but I don't think the TC series that came with an extended forend was offered with anything but a Monte Carlo stock. When I bought mine in the mid-'80s, there was no stock option except M/C. And I'm pretty sure that those guns all had Rem-Chokes. Of course, another barrel is always an option but Remington's inventory of new step-ribbed barrels is all but depleted and they have no more new overbored "Target" barrels. As of 18 months ago, the largest bore any "Target" barrel in their inventory had was .730".

You didn't mention why your brother prefers a straight stock, but a lot of people believe that the comb height on the M/C stock is higher and the gun will shoot too high for them. The comb heights are actually the same, the recoil pad is lower on a M/C.

The good news is that there are some "safe queens" out there. I bought one for my son 18 months ago that was supposed to have been fired a little but it sure looked NIB to me - the gun was absolutely perfect and came in its box with all paperwork. Remington told me that it was manufactured in 1994 and the hardness of the original recoil pad confirmed that. I paid $525 plus shipping for it from a fellow trapshooters.com poster. There was another one advertised on here last week, so I'm sure you'll get some replies.

Ed

3. remtrap

remtrap Member

I have a TC that has a TARGET bbl fixed full choke, was suprised when I found it because I also thought they only came with tubes. The gun is a M/C stock and I think Ed is correct that they came in that version only. I bought the gun about 7 years ago and put it into my safe. I would rate the gun at near perfect, may want to sell but not as low as Ed found his,(GREAT FIND ED). Thanks Shoot Well, Tom Furst

4. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

so have I, email me at YTOD252@yahoo.com put "870TC" in the subject line.

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

here you go guys...thanks for responding

6. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

All of my TC's have the straight stock.

7. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

The 870 TC’s originally came with either a straight or Monte Carlo stock.

I have a Remington 870 TC Trap I purchased new in 1987. It has a straight stock with excellent wood, brown recoil pad, long fore end, machine cut checkering, step rib barrel and three choke tubes. I have added a 4 way adjustable comb from John's Trap Stocks. I love it and it is not for sale.

The trap super full choke has 55 points of constriction and works well in games. I shoot the trap extra full choke for ATA. The trap full choke does not shoot well for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.