1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Looking for chart of all 391 stock dimensions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bradym, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradym

bradym TS Member

Hi, I'm pondering which type of stock to get for my Beretta 391.

The Beretta website lists some specs (like drop at heel and comb) for most 391 models (I'm not seeing it for the teknys gold target adjustable stock model) and googling for more info I see sites with conflicting dimensions, and various folks asking for more info.

Does anyone have, or know of, a complete and authoritative chart for all models and dimensions (toe, width, etc)?

Thanks,
    Brady
  2. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Active Member Supporting Vendor

First of all what are you intending to shoot? Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays or what? Your choice of stocks from Beretta is somewhat limited. Trap with a parallel comb in standard LOP or reduced LOP, Sport with standard LOP, Teknys with standard LOP and adj comb and field. You would be better served taking a parallel comb stock in RL or SL and have an adj comb installed. You can change stock position only so much with the shims.
    Mike Battista
  3. bradym

bradym TS Member

Yup, shooting trap, and yeah, you're right, they would have different needs and I probably will do as you suggest with the parallel comb.

But, I'm also a nerd who's enjoying learning about these differences, and I'm just really curious what the dimensions of these various stocks are, their affect, and what difference I can expect between one of those stocks and another.

Weird that Beretta is apparently mysterious with the numbers, ...

Brady
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.