1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for butt pad for perazzi mx 2005

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Jason Hassler, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

0   0   0

Anyone know where I can find a new factory type butt pad for a Perazzi MX-2005?
    I am looking for one that is glued on and has the hole in it for a stock wrench.
    Thanks so much for your help.
    Jason

2. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

0   0   0

Must be a tough question. Anyone know where to get an aftermarket pad then that would be similar?

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I would get in touch with this guy...........

www.giacomosportingusa.com

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have two new ones.

5. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

0   0   0

Thanks guys.

6. Sonny

Sonny Member

0   0   0

I've got one off a 2005. let me know

7. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

0   0   0

Well, FWIW, I have an MX2005 and the recoil pad doesn't look or feel any different from most other pads, except it has a hole in the middle (just like the recoil pad on my wife's MX2000RS). I suggest you find a pad you like and drill a hole in it. It's not hard to do.

Also, we changed the recoil pad on my wife's gun (the MX2000RS) recently, and the easiest way to get the new pad on (after a LOT of screwing around getting the old pad off) was to drill a coupe of holes in the stock and screw the new pad on. Easy to do and much easier than gluing it on. Screwing the new pad onto the stock has the additional advantage of allowing you to change it easily if you don't like it.

One other thought - if you screw the new pad on instead of gluing it, you don't need the hole in the center of the pad for the stock wrench. If you want to take the stock off, just take the pad off first (like many other guns). That adds about 60 seconds to the job.

And another thought - The posts on a Perazzi adjustable comb go down from the comb into the stock, not up from the stock into the comb. As a result, on some guns (my wife's being one) the posts stick down into the channel for the stock wrench and block the wrench from getting to the stock bolt. This led to much confusion and consternation on my part when I tried to take the stock off her gun. I couldn't get the stock wrench to lock into the stock bolt inside the stock - it seem like it was slipping off the socket all the time, and I had no idea why, since I couldn't see in there. Ultimately my wife suggested I take the comb completely off the stock before trying to get the wrench onto the stock bolt. Once I did that, the stock wrench slipped right in. (Very embarrassing.)

Ted K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.