1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for Bee or Hornet

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Bullfrog1, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullfrog1

Bullfrog1 TS Member

0   0   0

I would like to buy a Bee or Hornet rifle or pistol. 500 to 600 range. Thanks

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

I gather they have some big f'in hornets where you live.

3. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Check out auctionarms.com. There is a 218 Bee Win M43 that is pretty decent. Seller is nid-28.

4. Bullfrog1

Bullfrog1 TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks, I found a nice Hornet. Is there any one who loads for one who would like to sell some ammo. Thanks Bill

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

If they do have ammo to sell that they loaded, they might want to make sure they have the appropriate FFL to do so. Otherwise it is against Federal Law. Jon

(F11) Is a license required to engage
    in the business of selling
    small arms ammunition?
    No. A license is not required for a
    dealer in ammunition only, but a
    manufacturer or an importer of ammunition
    must be licensed.
    [18 U.S.C. 922 (a)(1)(B)]

6. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

check midway.com they have some prive partisen for 22.99 for 50.

7. Bullfrog1

Bullfrog1 TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks for all the help. Bill

8. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bill,

I don't know what brand or model you bought, but if its an Anschutz, the Prvi-Partizan is pretty decent ammo for the money. Another one that I like is HSM Hunting Shack Munnitions?? They do a 37 and 42 grain Calhoon hollow point bullet. I think you can find that ammo halfway reasonable through Ventura Munnitions.

Ventura doesn't keep the .22 hornet HSM in stock, but I think they can still get it, although it may not be quick, and if you order enough (500 rounds) I think their pricing was pretty fair.

Here is the link to copy and paste if you want:

http://www.venturamunitions.com/brands/Hunting-Shack-Ammunition.html

If you bought an Anshutz, I would stay away from anything below 37 grains. The 35 grain Hornady v-max ammo performs horribly out of my Anschutz, it appears that the bullets are too short and seated too far back. The Anschutz doesn't like the bullets jumping into the rifling. It likes it best with the bullet seated about 5 thousandths from touching the rifling. However, I have heard no complaints about Hornady V-max ammo in CZs or Rugers. You may want to buy a one box of a couple brands/loads and see which one does the best first.

If you plan on reloading, I recommend that you check Hogdon's reloading guide. I have gotten 5 shot groups, larger than a dime but smaller than a nickel, at 110 yards. Remington .22 hornet case, CCI small rifle primer, 12.5 grains Lil Gun and a 40 grain Hornady V-Max bullet performs extremely well for a hornet. The groups were shot after doing a full resize of the case. If I neck-sized only, I am thinking that I would probably get the dime size group or smaller. However, a nickel on center mass of a sparrow or starling is a kill, and the only questions becomes . . . how much deader do you want it? :)

Hornets can be finicky, but if you find the right load, they are a real joy to shoot. I hope you find the pet load for yours and enjoy it.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.