1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for BCNU, or SW Mo / N. Ark shooters

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jeff P, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

John....

I sent you an email a bit ago...don't know if the address is good or not. Could you drop me a line...I have a question for you.

Other shooters in the Branson / Springfield Missouri and Northern Arkansas areas: I'm thinking about a move down there.

Can someone give me an idea of how many clubs throw registered Trap and Skeet within 100 miles of, say, Springfield, MO? How many weekends a year I can shoot registered something down there?

thanks

jeff

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Hi Jeff. sorry, I thought that I had responded to the email. But I could be wrong, I have been working a whole lot lately. We still shoot registered at Aurora but the folks are dwindling on registered days. We are going to cut back next year and probably just throw a few marathon day shoots. Ozark shooters shoots some registered shoots during the year. Linn Creek of course shoots every month from April through October. Springfield has their own gun club . KCTA shoots a lot although they are a little outside of the 100 mile radius as is St. Louis gun club, Jefferson City, Boscoes, Sedalia, and Sheldon. Buena Vista and Mt. Home shoot in Arkansas, along with several other clubs, and Witchita is supposed to have a fabulous range and is the Kansas homegrounds. And as always Jeff, if you come down here, you are more than welcome to stay in my camper at Linn Creek during the shoots there.

Have a great Thanksgiving and I will bcnu soon.

John

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

As a side note, you should be able to shoot each and every weekend pretty close to Springfield. Some weekends may be just a tad outside the 100 miles though.

John

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

LOL...Thanks, John!! The 100 miles isn't a hard figure....I just needed a number to start the negotiations with.

Something along the lines of "I'm not spending a penny more than $5,000 on a trap gun...as I walk into the house with a $7,500 P gun."

I have planned and put on my calendar to be down for the fall handicap in 2008. So I look forward to seeing you then, if not before!

jeff

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Jeff,

Aren't you a Nebraska native living in Alaska now, or am I thinking of someone else?

Tim

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Nope. That's me.

Born and raised in Lincoln. Joined the USAF and they put me up here. Love it...but probably won't stay forever.

Hoping to retire in 4 years or so to the Branson area. My grandparents retired there in '73, and my folks followed them in '95, so that area feels like home now.

Want to make sure before I get there that I can shoot every weekend. I already know I can fish in Table Rock, Taneycomo, Bull Shoals, etc.

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Watch out for hillbillies and people with extra fingers/toes!

No, I'm not kidding.

8. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

And exactly WHAT is wrong with having 6 fangers? John

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Zardoz...where you at in the world?

I agree...we're looking at southern Mo versus northern Ark...but I might still have to drive down south into Arkansas and teach them boys how to shoot.

Sprinfield is the biggest town I know of near to Linn Creek...Branson is just south of there, about 35 miles, I think.

Mostly, I just want to make sure that I can shoot every weekend if I choose. I love Alaska dearly...but other than my one club, the other closest club that throws registered is about 400 miles.

10. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Jeff, there is plenty of registered shooting within an hour or two around the area you are looking at. Some of them thar arkies can shoot purty well too. In fact, there is a money shoot in Forum Ark. You have to shoot there three times before you are eligible for the pot though. Not exactly regulation ATA targets either. They do a lot of resetting from what I understand. John

11. missemucho

missemucho Member

Jeff P;
    I think the "weathermen" on this site have it all wrong! Who got the ice storms last year? Hint: it wasn't us poor Arkies! I've lived here for over 6 years (refugee from CA) and there has only been one year where the weather was tough in the winter.

We looked at the Springfield area but the crime stats scared us off. Check out Mountain Home real estate prices on the net. Linn Creek and Camdenton are resort areas; if you doubt it, check the motel prices for the FAll Handicap! If you come to this area to check things out be sure and visit us at Twin Lakes Gun Club (www.twinlakesgunclub.com). We have over 600 members and charge $65 a year for membership. You can shoot trap and skeet for $2.50 as a member and 50 birds at the sporting clays costs $6. We host 4 ATA shoots a year and have a thriving junior program.
    John

12. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Missemucho...

please, email me...isn't mountain home east of lake bull shoals, past Lead Hill as you come from Branson?

I can't get to the gun club site at work (damn boss blocks "gun and sport hunting clubs", but I can get to gunsamerica, gunbroker and ts.com. Go figure)

jeff

13. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Jeff the Twin Lakes Gun Club web site is listed above. Great place to shoot. Ross

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.