1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for alittle help cb2118 load data

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xringjim, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

I'm having a bit of trouble finding any load data for Rem or AA shells using the cb2118 (12s3) wads. Anyone care to share? Thanks, Jim

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

My guess its because the 12S3 is designed for a straight wall case and the AA is tapered.

TB

3. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Both AA and Rem. hulls are tapered. If the CB2118 is a replacement for the 12S3( which is designed for the Federal straight wall hulls) then your out of luck. You need to purchase a basic reloading book that explains this sort of thing. You might go on line for what ever powder company you are using and search out what they suggest. Post-2

4. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Guess I thought it didn't matter that much. Thanks for setting me straight guys. Get it? Straight? lol Jim

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

You can use the 12S3 in AAs and the data is out there. It will cause a slight ring in the area of the base area of the wad. Also the AA is a lower capacity case that what the wad is designed for thus to place a proper crimp the powder used will have to be a fine high energy type. GO back into the Lyma manuals and you'll find data although remember that Alliant powders and most of Hodgons will be to bulky.

6. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

I compiled a database of all possible loads with AA hulls back in the early 90's. It took me a couple of weeks to make. I just looked and didn't see anything other than the Federal Hull listed using the 12S3 wad in my data.
    Sorry - thought I could help you out.

7. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

Just checked the Hodgdon site. There are 89 loads listed using the 12S3 wad in AA hulls. This is a great site. Use the link listed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cb2118 load data