1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LOOKING FOR ADVICE- 682 UNSINGLE ADJ. RIB

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by claybustermike31, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claybustermike31

claybustermike31 TS Member

Backstop,
    To adjust the rib just loosen the allen bolt that is on the front of the rib right above the muzzle. You can then turn the adjustment knob to change the rib. The farther you move the front of the rib down the higher the gun will shoot.

The comb adjusts by loosing the two outer screws on the comb. The center hole is for the memory system. When loosing the comb screws becareful not to unscrew them to far or you will crack the wood around the holes.

Usually people adjust there comb to get the poi that they want and then adjust the rib to get the sight picture they want (figure 8 with the beads)but because only the front of the rib is adjustable you will change the poi slightly when you change the rib. Use your comb as the main adjustment and you will have to play back and forth with the comb and the rib to get the poi you want along with the bead alignment you like.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Each choke will pattern somewhat differently...

I have a 682 Gold E Top Single.

Here's what I have found and done...

Singles and handicap (26 yd.) = Imp. Modified

Doubles = 1st shot is Lt. Mod., 2nd shot is Modified (I shoot fairly fast).

I use Briley choke tubes, not that the Optima's are bad, it's just that I have more confidence in the Briley tubes.

You'll just have to try various tubes to ascertain which are best for your shooting style.

Curt - Delaware

3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

To adjust that rib yes loosen the set screw above the muzzle and the set screw at the back of the rib. Also the two set screws under the the rib (take the fore end off). Then adjust the rib where you want it and retighten all four set screws.
    Mike Battista
    Silver Dollar Firearms

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

682 adjustable rib adjustment