1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for a used lujtic that may need repairs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shot410ga, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

What is there to repair on a Ljutic? Old Ljutic's never break, they just get loose over about a half a million shells. Then, one sends them into the factory to be rebuilt----good for another half a million shells. That is what I did. So, good luck in your quest....

2. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

<a href="http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj271/mbunk/?action=view┬Ąt=LorP004.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Tim, I have the Ljutic Mono Gun Pictured. I would consider selling the gun with the stock that is installed and the full choke barrel only for $2200. This is an early gun (1974) with a 34" barrel, .735 bore, .039 choke. Pull trigger. The metal is in very good condition with good blueing showing only a little blueing wear to the left side of receiver. No dings,dents, or scratches to metal. Wood has normal handling marks, non severe. Gun is a very good shooter. Gun with both barrels and two stocks pictured for $3100. Second bbl is Ljutic choked and ported, .735 bore, .022 choke. Both bbls are factory original, no modifications or choke work from outsiders. Gun could use a freshening but would be a good shooter for a long time as is. Rest assured, this gun is not a dog, but is quite presentable.

The only reason I am considering selling is because I am confused as to which gun I want to shoot. With the Ljutic gone my problem is solved. I probably will regret it later.

Thanks, Marc

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Marc. Humbly, I tell you to shoot the Perazzi. NOt because of either gun quality, because obviously both are venerable. But the Perazzi has a bit more bbl swing momentum than the Ljutic (as a rule, but not always). If yo look at the amount of steel in the recievers you wil see why I comment. I prefer the weight to be at both ends of the gun, rather than between my hands. Too, I suggest to you that the step in the TM1 rib gets your eye away from the receiver enough so that you do not ahve a blur at the bottom of your vision. Adn you may notice the "blur" as you sight down the Ljutic rib. I have two good friends that shoot Ljutics and shoot them well, but both have guns with "step ribs". All my guns have either a step or ramp rib that allows me to stay above the "blur". It is my judgment that the blur is one of the things that excerbates cross-firing. come to your own conclusions as everyone is different adn some of us are indeed older than others on th eTS.com

Jack

Tub. Write me on PM. I have a Ljutic lead for you.

4. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I don't get it I'm constantly looking for a gun that doesn't break. LOL Sorry just couldn't help myself?

5. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Jack, I'm really confused by your response. I have had four Mono Guns and at least that many TM-1s. I find the Ljutics to be slightly heavier overall than the TM-1s. I have also found the Mono Guns to carry more weight foreward. This, to me, makes the gun slower to get started but definitely smoothes the swing aiding follow through. Opinions will vary and I respect your right to have one. In my opinion the TM-1 will accelerate the swing faster than the Ljutic (quicker pointing) but because of the added foreward weight will carry more momentum aiding follow through. In order of swing vs follow through I would consider the TM-1 to be in the middle when compared to the Mono and a BT-99 with the BT-99 being very light in front and very fast pointing with little momentum for follow through.

Quoted from your response: "come to your own conclusions as everyone is different adn some of us are indeed older than others on th eTS.com"

I don't know how to take this. Are you suggesting I am a young kid and do not posess the experience of the "OLD FARTS"? I consider myself an old fart. I will be 70 in May. I have attained a prolonged AA to A singles average and am required to shoot from the 27 at HC. I have won the Michigan State HOA "A" class as well as many other prestigious events. I have earned yardage at the GA and other State shoots.

I make the above statement because this is the second time I have taken offense to your responses aimed directly at me. I hope I was wrong in the way I read this. I have generally gained a respect for you based on your willingness to help others as well as your seemingly vast knowledge. I would appreciate your response. If for some reason we can not get along I would prefer for it to not develope into a full blown feud. My experience has been that trap shooters are the friendliest people I have ever encountered. I don't know why but in a few short months I have seen more animosity and feuding expressed here on TS.com than ever at shooting events, tournament or practice. This would be a lot nicer site if the bitterness and the bickering would cease.

Let me know what you think, Marc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.