1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a Trap shooting clinic, SE Penna.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Al 29, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

I have seen many threads discussing clinics and trap coaching. I live in SE PA. (Delaware County) and would love to check out a clinic, have a teacher/coach watch me shoot and make suggestions.

What should I expect to pay for a clinic, school, or coach?

Any info would be appreciated.

JA-

2. kenf

kenf Active Member

I am not sure how close to Hershey you are, but Ed Clapper hosts Randy and Nora Ross at certain times of the year. I took a clinic with Randy and Leo Harrison two years ago at Palmyra and could not have been happier. The clinic cost $230 for everything, including Subway lunch. I don't have Ed's e-mail but I am sure he will chime in here.

Ken

3. Richard L Marshall

Richard L Marshall TS Member

Big All 29, Clinic's cost $200.00 for one day and $300.00 for a 2 day clinic. Contact me at the email above if you are interested in setting up a Clinic at your Club.

Richard Marshall Jr.

Richard Marshall Jr. Shooting Clinic

4. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

I just sent you an e-mail. awaiting your reply

Thanks,

JA-

5. mt

mt Member

i recently took a to day class by Dan Bonilla and it was fantastic...not sure if he's comming your way but I'd highly recommend it if you can. He charges $200/day. Lots of one on one, lots of shooting.

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I had Nora and Randy scheduled for two one-day clinics on October 29th & 30th but response was not the best. I had eight students signed up, so I tried to convert it to a two-day clinic but, as I expected, I lost a couple of the students (one day is a lot more affordable and doesn't interfere with other family activities as much). So I cancelled those clinics and will likely go with another date in the spring.

In reality, I guess the last weekend in October is too late in the northeastern shooting season and people are reluctant to spend that kind of money when they will have limited opportunities to practice what they learned.

Ed

7. Rich V.

Rich V. Member

Jim Burk hosts clinics every year with Frank Hoppe. I highly recommend them. Frank gives a great clinic and Jim knows how to treat shooters.

e-mail to:jrburk1@comcast.net or call 717-872-2778. The club is Southern Lancaster County in Quarryville, PA.

Also, have heard good things about Rick Marshall's clinics as well.

Keep your eye out for postings by AveragEd, his club routinely hosts clinics and is known as a well run operation.

Good luck. Best, Ron

8. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Hey Ron, any idea on the possible clinic at WTA in the spring?

9. Rich V.

Rich V. Member

Perazz,

Not yet, as Curt said in his T & F article, we'll be looking at instructor schedules and dates and are interested in having input from the DTA membership. We'll address it further at the general membership meeting on Oct. 29th and post info when it's finalized. Thanks for your interest in a clinic.

Best, Ron

10. MX10/81

MX10/81 TS Member

Any others?

11. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Big Al

First you say you live in Mich-- and then PA- and then Ohio

you spend your entire day making stuff up?

get a job

get a life

12. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

GN7777777 you have a serious problem. I read this entire thread and nowhere does BigAl29 say he is from anywhere but PA.

Perhaps another go at 3rd grade would be in order for you.

Man talk about someone needing a life - you could be the poster child for that statement.

Jerry Weger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.