1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a takedown O/U case

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by open choke, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. open choke

open choke TS Member

I'm looking for a hard or padded soft case that I can carry 2 broken down O/U's together (30 & 32 inch) one barrel for each.

Any websites that you know?

I have the Beretta navy blue "high performance" take down case. And I like the Boyt's design better b/c of the receiver & barrel compartments give more of a fitted design for what it holds. But it's only a single gun case.

Thanks in advance for any links you know of

2. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Move this down to the WTB section and I'll bet you find one. GaryL.

3. open choke

open choke TS Member

I'm looking to buy from a dealer new. Not a used one

4. redhawk

redhawk Member

Marmick has nice cases

5. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Americase.

6. open choke

open choke TS Member

I searched on Google for Marmic; I couldn't find a website and the phone number I found was out of service.

Americase was way too epensive. The closest thing they had for me was almost 500.

I won't be taking by guns on a plane so I don't need that kind of protection either

7. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Here's a couple:

http://www.jeffsoutfitters.com/C_LCAS1040.1_Canvas___Leather_Pair_Case_for_O_U_or_SxS.aspx?productid=424&categoryid=71

http://a-s-i.co.uk/PRODUCT%20PORTFOLIO/REY%20PAVON/REY%20PAVON_%20Frameset.htm

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/cases/detail.asp?value=003Q&cat_id=142&type_id=216C&content=traditional-two-gun-gun-cases

Don't take the Browning list price seriously.

Ted K.

8. open choke

open choke TS Member

This type of case is hard to find.

Anyone else know?

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Pelican!!!...a bit heavy, but it has wheels....absolutely the toughest case on the market...have been carrying my tournament guns in one for over 20 years...

10. EuroJoe

EuroJoe Well-Known Member

If you're not going by air, why do you want them in the same case? Just gets heavy.

11. open choke

open choke TS Member

I want a double takedown so it will fit in the back of my car without folding the seats down (Jeep Liberty).

Also I just want to be able to carry one case instead of 2 seperate ones & I live in a condo complex and would like to be descreet.

With a case like that (Pelican 1700) I could have anything in there.... and I only shoot trap so it not like I'm decked out in camo and my neighbors will say "Oh look, he is a hunter and has guns.

I saw that case Mansoor's sells in a either shotgun sports or trap & field if it was a takedown case36 inches I would buy it in a second.

So far that Pelican 1700 looks good for 180 not bad and I can carve out the foam to the shape of my guns (the case comes with a solid block of foam)

12. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

An Americase # 2008 will fit your needs $319.00 plus shipping.Delivery depending on availability. What color interior??
    Mike battista
    727 410 5212

13. redhawk

redhawk Member

Go to hi-grade shooters and scroll to the bottom of front page.

14. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

Check Sportlock cases, under Leatherlock Cases for shotguns. I have several and they are quite good for the money. This company makes the cases for Browning ....cya

15. mwmham

mwmham Member

The Negrini 2 shotgun case #1670 is an excellent case, light and durable with 2 dial locks. Easy to carry with two guns in it, well balanced.

http://www.negrinishop.com/mec/site/index.asp?v=v_product_detail&L=EN&cat_id=cat_20091020_100704_2056_31&prd_id=20100312_151546_2884_29&tag_id_list=&tac_id_list=

I can't find one online in the US, I bought mine from Cape Outfitters which I believe is Jeffs Outfitters now.

Maybe someone knows who carries Negrini cases in North America

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.