1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a summer getaway

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Well,we spent our first summer in Florida, its too hot for me & the wife. Looking for a place where we can live on a house boat from June to Oct & where I can still shoot trap. We don't want real estate--a 50' + houseboat is our cup of tea. We saw Page Az on Lake Powell, but I thinks its way to hot. Thinking abour Watkins Glen or the Kentucky Lakes.

thanks for any real input.

Phil Berkowitz

2. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

The Reno group used to go to Campbell River, Vancouver Island for that period. Good 4 trap club and wonderful salmon fishing.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Kentucky lake is awesome and since you already know what humidity is I think you would like it. Fishing is fantastic

4. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

You might look into the White River lakes on the Missouri/Arkansas border. They are highland reservoirs built on the White River. (Beaver Lake, Table Rock, Taneycomo, Bull Shoals and Norfork on the Norfork River which feeds into the White.)

Depending on what you like to fish for we have black bass, white bass, crappie, striped bass, walleye, bluegill, catfish and a few other species.

Our prices are very competitive and there are a number of nice shooting clubs available in the area, depending upon which lake you settled upon.

Fair warning though, our last two summers have been very hot! A number of days over 100. But, they have been considered very harsh summers.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me by personal message or email. Martinpicker

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

We don't fish, the clean up on your boat is worth the time & effort--the cat & myself are the only ones who eat fish--the boss won't eat anything that comes out of the water besides, lobsters, crabs & clams.

Phil Berkowitz

6. gusto777

gusto777 Member

It's hard to beat houseboating on Lake Shasta, CA. Great summer weather and very low humidity. Lake Tahoe is also fantastic.

Gus in Las Vegas

7. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Come and check out the great state of Michigan! Too many nice places for a houseboat to list here. Beautiful summers and perfect beaches that you can legally walk for miles. Many nice places to shoot, especially on the northwest side. Bill

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

50' houseboat......I'd spend the next 5 summers cruising each of the Great Lakes.

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

House boats are not sea worthy, we lived on a trawler for 6 years & did 30k miles, the Great Lakes can be a bitch--we got hammer going between Potosky & Frankfort. Houseboats are floating Winnebago's.

Phil Berkowitz

10. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Phil, why dont you check out the aea around Lynn creek. They got trap shooting there for shure. Ought to be several on here that can give you the low=down on the area

Bob W
    USN 62-67 RM2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.