1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a small shooting bag

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AEP, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AEP

AEP Member

I am looking for a small bag to carry 4 boxes of shells and have a place for the empty hulls. I have a larger bag that will hold 12 boxes and aprox 250 empty hulls.

There was one on ebay sometime ago but I don't see it any more.

Thank you,
    Andy

2. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

I have the Browning Santa Fe bag, It has 4 outside pockets and can hold 4 boxes of shells and actually more like 8 if desires, and it has an expandable section inside the bag for the empties. Lots of leather and material is oiled firehose. A really nice bag.

3. Birch1007

Birch1007 Member

Go to your local home improvement store and look at the canvas tool bags. I have a 16" canvas tool bag that will hold 8 boxes of shells plus my vest or pouch. It would have plenty of room for 4 boxes of shells plus empties.

4. Double-D

Double-D TS Member

If you can not find something you like or what you are looking for, call or see Theresa at Rod's Custon Stocks.com. She can get you a custom one made from Brunson Leather. I hope this helps.
    Sincerely,
    Dean DeBow

5. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

I'm with Birch. I looked high and low for a bag for the exact purpose you described but didn't want to spend a lot on it.

I ran across a Husky tool bag during one of my trips to Home Depot. It looked like about what I was needing and I figured if it didn't work out for a range bag I could always use it as a tool bag.

It has pockets inside that holds things such as a bore snake, chokes, grease and other misc. stuff. It's also big enough to hold 4 boxes of shells lying down, headsets, rain coat and shooting vest.

This one is a 16" bag, I believe there's a 12" available.
    The Home Depot part number for mine is 88587N11.

Again if it doesn't work out for you, you can always use it as a tool bag.

Craig

[​IMG]

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

If your looking for a good quality leather bag, which can also be personalized if you so choose, Shamrock Leather (Iowa)or Lonesome Charlies (Texas)can help you out. I have had several of each through the years and have been happy with both.

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Check the link above. This one is about as good as it gets for the money.... Great bag.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

8. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

How about a camera bag? I bought this one a few months ago, and never ended up using it. It will nicely hold 4 boxes of shells and has side pockets for glasses, choke tubes. etc. When you've finished the event, just fold the boxes flat, lay them on the floor of the upper compartment, and put your empty hulls on top of the boxes. It also has a bottom compartment for tools or other accessories, The dividers in the top section attach with Velcro and adjust easily or pull out altogether so you can customize the storage area to your needs. I paid more, but I'd let it go for $30 + shipping. ....Rick
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Post a picture of what you are looking for. Ray

10. AEP

AEP Member

Don't have any pictures to post. I currently have a bag that will hold 6 -12 boxes of shells and has a built on folding bag for the empties. The bag works great when leaving it in the back of the pick-up. This year I'm going to my first big shoot and I want a bag that will hold 4 boxes and hold about 100 empties that I can cary from field to field.

I may have found one. It's made by Bob Allen. It has a divider inside for 4 boxes. On the other side of the divider is a cardboard box to hold the empties. It also has one front compartment for glasses.

My current bag is getting heavy and full of crap. Never had this much stuff before.

Thanks,

Andy

11. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

I use a bag I purchased from Home Depot similar to the one shown below. It fits 2 - 50 round loading trays in the center compartment or up to 6 boxes if placed correctly. The two side compartments will easily hold an additional 2 boxes each but I use one for shell bags, gloves etc. There are additional exterior compartments for ear plugs,choke tubes or spare shells. It also comes with a carry strap. Works great for me and is small compared to what others carry. It is in the $50 price range.

Dave
    [​IMG]

12. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I like to use a Samsonite over night hard case. Can carry a drink in it also.

I have a large and smaller leather bag and nylon that I have won but do not like using them.

I did use a cardboard box, that two 8 lb. Clays powder jugs came in, for a good time. Caught a lot of flak but it worked for me. Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.