1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking For A Rib Repair GunSmith.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Auctioneer, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have a friend who has a W.C Scott SXS shotgun that was made about 1885. The rib needs to be reattached to the barrels. Who is a good gunsmith to do the job? Thnaks

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Simmons or Roger Eubank should be able to do the job right the first time.

ss

4. kirbythegunsmith

kirbythegunsmith Member

I tell my customers that I use Art for rib re-solder/rust blue and reblue or stock finishing, if they are looking for a job done to the level (minimum) that will compare to a classic Browning or better.

I have done some complicated and technical mechanical and barrel repairs or restorations for him and his customers, but all of the refinishing done to complete some of those jobs was done at his shop.

http://artsgunshop.com/

636-944-3630, it is worth a call to check the details.

Kirby

5. Auctioneer

Thanks for the help. I have forward the info to my friend and now its up to him to decide. Thanks again.

6. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

2nd for Arts.

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

W.C. Scott 1885 probably damascus barrels. This could be a fairly valuable shotgun. Be careful who you send it to. There is a master engraver who advertises in double gun journal Kim Alworth 906-396-4029. They can put it back to original. If that no. does not work pm me. I have his card at work. I just had a restoration done by him and his brother, it is exquisite. If you would like to see pictures I can do that. But it is a twist steel barrel. They are just as good at damascus! Bill

8. Auctioneer

Thanks to one and all for your help. I will forward the info to my friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.