1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for a quality stock man for help

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Beretta Young Gun, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Greetings all, I have decided to just make my own mod 12 stock from scratch. I plan to do most of the work myself but there are two things i will need a hand with. I have the piece of wood I want to use but I need to locate a good stock maker to help me drill the bolt hole through the wood. I also would need to find someone that has a good quality band-saw to cut the out line of the stock as well. The chunk of wood is around 3 inches thick and needs to be that thick to accomodate the amount of cast and off set i want. I would like to find someone in ohio that i can take the wood to and get it back the same day. Any suggestions on stock men would be greatly appreciated. thanks BYG

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Your location might help to point you towards a local stock maker...

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

0   0   0

What town in Ohio?

4. Beretta Young Gun

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I apologize, I am located 45 minutes north of columbus. BYG

5. Beretta Young Gun

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Don't do ANYTHING till you drill the thru hole..

7. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Also, consider an off-set comb instead of the cast.

Doug

8. turmite

turmite Member

0   0   0

BYG do you currently shoot a stock like you have planned to build? If not, my first suggestion to you would be to find a junker stock, a can of bondo and build yourself a prototype. This will do two very important things.

1. Let you know if your design works for you.
    2. Let you know if it can physically be built to fit your gun.

There are other considerations than just the offset and the thru hole. The M12 has a male index ring that protrudes out of the end of the stock and fits into a female slot in the metal. This ring has to be perpendicular to the thru hole and parallel to the back of the reciever. If either of those are off, it won't fit your gun.

Just trying to help! :)

Mike

9. Beretta Young Gun

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

thank you gents for the input. I have tried a stock simialr to the one i want to build for the mod 12. I built a stock for a bt-99 but i no longer have the 99. I want to build a stock similar to the BT stock but I also want to change somethings. I made the BT stock straight with no cast and not enough drop at heel. To fix both of theses things i had to add a pad adjuster. I really dont like the looks of them. i also want to change the palm swell and hand cut out.

a little back ground on my project. The model 12 i am working on has been in my family for 4 generations. my great grand father got this gun as payment for a bar tab back in 1931. It is a custom in my family to change something on this gun or to customize it to the shooter. my grand father made his own stock for it as did my dad. My dad also had a simmons 2 pin milled rib put on it in the 70's. My dad just gave me the gun a few dads ago and said its your turn. I am creating my own stack and i am thinking of having the bolt jeweled.

another intersting piece of info about this gun is that over 4 generations and with over 1 million rounds through it. this gun has never been in a repair shop. not a single thing on this gun has ever broke after 81 years of use. BYG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.