1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a Part to a Pacific DL266

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by W.R.Buchanan, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Guys: I am looking for a charge bar and the little primer drop activation link which is screwed to the back of the charge bar, for a Pacific DL266 loader. Also the stop stud that screws into the bottom of the bar.

No longer in production and Hornaday doesn't have either replacement part. Parts need to be from a DL266 as others may not interchange.

If you have these parts and are willing to part with them, please Email me at the above address.

Thanks Randy

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Try Hornady (link above). Bill Malcolm

3. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Bill : thanks but I already tried to buy it from Hornaday and they don't have the part any longer.

That's why I am looking here. I thought there was a guy who refurbs old Pacific presses and had alot of extra parts laying around.

Hornady sent me the drawings for the part, and I can make one but, I would rather have the original part if possible.

I bought this machine off T/S/com and it was misssing the charge bar and a few minor parts. Hornaday had all of the parts common to the 266/366, but the charge bar is different.

I really think they should bring the DL266 back as it is easily the best single stage presses ever made. There is no comparison between it and the MEC's and whereas it would have to be more expensive just because of the more involved design, I feel many would buy it due to the better designand much better longevity. Also it shares many parts with the existing DL-366 so they wouldn't have to make very many special parts.

This type of design is a win win for the manufacturer, as they get 2 completely different machines and pick up another market with minimal extra parts having to be made. As far as I can tell the only parts that are different are the upper and lower platen, and the charge bar. They both use the same dies, base mechinism, powder and shot dispenser, and all of the misc small parts. Just not that many extra parts to produce to pick up way more sales.

So has anyone got an extra charge bar?

Randy

4. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Still looking waiting with baited breath for that certain someone to make my day. I like long walks on the beach, and drink beer.

Randy

5. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

WR, I read your post and had seen a box of new replacement parts for sale on Ebay. Problem was there was only 10 mins before the end of sale when I saw it and didn't have time to contact you. The person selling the box of parts didn't list exactly what was in the box or how many pieces it contained. It sold for around 137 bucks. GL, and if I find one I'll get back to you. Jim

6. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Jim: Thanks, I appreciate any and all help.

Randy

7. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

You didn't miss anything on eBay, the auction was for 366 parts. they use a different bar than the 266. If the one you bought is a blue, it is probably the same one a guy tried to sell me a while back. You probably can make one fairly easily if you have a friend or know someone with a milling machine.

You may want to call Hornady and talk to the service dept. I think the 155 bar may be the same thing only without the small angled piece that hooks onto the bar. That would be an easy fix if the bodies of the 266 and 155 are the same.

8. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Old Rem Fan:

When I bought the 266 off this site I got a 155 with it. the charge bars are different. + the 266 has the auto primer drop when the charge bar is cycled. the DL266 machine I got was virtually new, it was just missing a few parts, they had all the parts that were common to the 266/366.

Hornaday sent me the drawings for the charge bar and I can make one, I'd just rather have the original. I'll keep trying for a few more days then I'll make it.

I know from the responses I have gotten on other topics, it should only be a little while longer before someone comes up with the parts I need.

This site is an incredible resource.

Randy

9. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Remfan, I could have sworn that box said 266 and 155 parts on it. Sure you saw the same auction? Jim

10. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Jim:
    I am pretty sure I saw the same auction. I have two 266 loaders, one of which I acquired recently on this site, the other I purchased in 1968. Great loaders. I have been looking for another for my son so I keep close track on eBay. The one I remember had parts that actually did not match the heading.

Randy:

I thought from looking at the schematics that Hornady has on their site that the charge bar on a 266 was simply a 155 bar with a hole drilled in the end to attach the small angle bar that operates the primer drop on the 266. Having said that, since you have the 155 bar in hand along with the drawing from the 266 bar your information to compare sizes is much better than the schematics I looked at. I thought maybe it was an easy fix. Pacific, Hornady, and Bair had some parts that were interchangeable or adaptable on several of their loaders.

Best of luck in finding what you need.

11. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Nope the spacing on the 155 charge bar's bushing holes is different because the powder and shot tubes on the dispenser are in different positions than the other later models. Also the stops on the bar are not in the correct positions to line the holes up when cycled.

It's just a different part. The 366 bar is closer dimension wise but it doesn't have the handle and the rear of the bar won't allow for attachment of the primer drop arm due to the cam follower.

Didn't you guys say all those parts on ebay went for $135-155? I paid $100 for both these machines and the 266 is almost brand new, doesn't even apprear to have been set up. There are no wear marks on it anywhere. There is no powder stuck in any cracks, and the dispenser tubes are not stained in the slightest. It was missing the charge bar and primer feed tube assy, but otherwise was complete.

The 155 is in excellent condition also and I will spend a little more time cleaning it up. It was ready to load. I will probably will just keep it to load specials. It's really easy to change the bushings on so it would lend itself to loading short runs very well. It will definately get a lighter return spring, lifes too short to have to work that hard for something you want to do.

I shoot IDPA also so the ability to load light slug loads and light buckshot loads would be useful. Were talking 25-50 of each once every month or so.

So who's got that charge bar for a Pacific DL266 that I need?

Randy

12. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

If you are still looking here is a site were there is one for sale.
    http://regina.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sports-bikes-Pacific-DL-266-12-gauge-shot-shell-reloader-W0QQAdIdZ174264905

13. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

bakergun: that one is tempting, and I have a set of 20GA dies that came with the one I got, so I could have one for 12 and one for 20ga, however in the end I'd still need the charge bar for my other one, as it would be pointless to cannibalize the red one to make the blue one work.

Even so if it was in the US and the shipping wasn't too bad I might buy it anyway.

My plan is to get started to where I fully understand the ins and outs of shotshell loading and then get a DL-366 Progressive to mass produce.

Thanks

Randy

14. redlegltc

redlegltc TS Member

If you can send me a pic. of the part, I have 2 ea 266's with the primer drop connecter, I use these to load 28ga and .410 bore.

15. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Redleg: Sent you an email regarding the part, let me know.

Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
dl 266 parts

pacific dl 266 parts

pacific dl-266 12 gauge parts