1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a P226 knockoff...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PumpkinPieLover, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PumpkinPieLover

PumpkinPieLover TS Member

I'm looking to purchase a new handgun here in the near future and needed some help. I'm not blessed with the deepest pockets, so I was hoping that maybe someone on here new of an off brand manufacturer, or even if someone like Taurus or Ruger made a handgun that's a copy of either of the following: Sig Sauer P226, or HK USP .45?

And no, I don't need some smartass proposing an airsoft model; so keep the dumb stuff to yourself.

Thanks
    Matt

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Matt,

Seeing as this is your first thread/post on this site, you may want to reword your post to make it a little more friendly. This is a well informed bunch and will educate you in a hurry, sometimes not the way you desire.

ss

3. PumpkinPieLover

Didn't mean anything disrespectful with it... I've just been reading on here for a year now and everytime some poor guy asks an honest question, someone takes the time to belittle them, or question their intelligence... If I didn't respect the intelligence of the people on here, I wouldn't have asked for their advice. Once again, I apologize if it came across harshly, not my intention... Just looking for some serious advice.

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I know of no one making copies of either pistol...

You might look at either a SIG re-hab (they get old pistols, return them to the factory and completely go over them - they look new when they ship) These typically sell for about 30% ~ 40% less than the best price you can find for a new one.

Another source might be CDNN (http://www.cdnninvestments.com/). They often have police 'turn back' guns (departments up-grading pistols will often sell the old ones as part of the deal. Good prices can be found there...

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I bought a turn back 226 and it is great. I don't really think you can hurt them. Go for the Sig, not a copy, and be happy. Your life could depend on the quality of the gun.

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Maybe if you threw a price range out there you would get some suggestions. Like HSLDS said, "copies" of those two will be tough, but price range "equivalents" are there. You have good taste in firearms, especially the USP. Good luck.

7. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Don't get cheap knock offs....it's a waste of money. Since you want basically the best, just find a good used one that you can afford. It might not look pretty, but will shoot like a champ. CDNN is a great suggestion as they come around with awesome deals if you wait. And as others said, look for old police guns. Most will not have many rounds with just some holster wear.

8. PumpkinPieLover

I appreciate all of your help... I was hoping to stay around $450. My thought is, I really didn't care to pay Sig or HK prices for something that would sit in my house for 360 days a year, it's just hard to justify.

I'll look into the refurbed guns, thanks for the links.

9. PumpkinPieLover

I know that CZ USA makes a copy of the Sig, I can't remember if it's the CZ-75 or what... Anyone have any experience with one? They are in the price range I'm looking.

10. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

CDNN has a great reputation. Also get on the Sig Forum, click on Sig pistols, there is lots of positive discussions on CZ's. They have a lot of Sigs and other guns for sale on the forum. There are refurbished German police P-6/ P-225's on the market right now, my local Gander Mt. has two of them for $400.00 each. They come with box, holster, and two magazines. Wayne

11. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Two things needs to taking into consideration:

1) If you intend to get familiar with the gun in action, you'll spend more money on practice ammo than the pistol cost in the first year. Don't worry too much on the pistol cost.

2) Police guns usually has a lots of holster wear on finish, BUT, they're range & field tested with hollow points, they are more reliable than average "safe queens".

12. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

If your going to buy a gun primarily for the house,
    buy a good used S&W revolver. Lot's available for
    about $350.00 It will go bang every time and you
    won't have to worry about fail-to-feed or fail-to-eject.

13. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

So will the Sig, Glock, Beretta and M&P,,,,every time you pull the trigger....

14. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Best bargain around is the Sig P6, European police trade-in guns. They have slide wear but the internals are like new. Hardly any sign of wear on the feed ramps, very few rounds thru them. Single stack grips feel great. Heavy trigger pull is common on a police gun. Some people retrofit them with lighter springs.

15. uplate

uplate TS Member

Ok PieLover, not trying to be a smartass but I have never understood people's
    fascination with the Sig 226. Have you ever read any of the details of the
    US military's 9mm tests? With it's paper thin aluminum frame, stamped parts
    including the stamped sheet metal slide with a breech block held in place
    with a roll pin the 226 should be cheap not absurdly high priced. Get a better
    gun like a Beretta 92 or Glock 19 for less money.

16. quartering

quartering Active Member

excellent use of the words "blessed" and "smartass" within the same post, if you no what i mean.

17. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Beware of people that throw the word "better" around freely, as they are seldom qualified to do so. I guess that would be some peoples normal way of stating their opinion as if it were indeed fact. I own several models of what are by some people considered to be quality brands of handguns but I am definitely not qualified to positively state what would be the best individual brand or model in my collection. I like them all, but like the way some feel and shoot more than others. Find something you like and can afford. Neil

18. paul e. stark

paul e. stark TS Member

I'd go with the airsoft.

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Buy a used P-226.

20. EE

EE Banned User Banned

I've seen some pretty nice CO2 BB guns that are copies of a Sig. Check them out. They probably have a better trigger than a real Sig, which is about the worst in the industry.

Hope this helps.

EE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

knock off sig 226

knock off version of p226