1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking For A Nice Perazzi Stock

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Bryce720, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I just got a new to me MX-3 not a MX-3 Special. I am looking for a super nice stock to put on it. I am not sure what stocks will fit on it, so if anyone has any info on that, that would be very helpful. Thanks

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Bryce. Lucky you. All MX stocks will fit your receiver, some with a bit of tweaking. But most go on without work to the connection point (s). That said, MX3 stocks comb height are based on the specific rib on the MX3 and most other versions will require that you have the comb made adjustable. MX3 stocks tended to be neutral cast, and about 1-3/8" drop at comb. MX8 stocks are about an 1/8" lower because the rib on the the MX8 is slightly lower.

Let's hope you get response. Adn if you have questions about a specific offering you can ask us once again if a given stock will work. There are some tricks to putting a stock on securely and properly as opposed to just tightening it up. and too, I have my gunsmith "accrabed" the bolt tang and that in turn takes the recoil punishment rather than the upper and lower receiver tangs. Here is my personal MX3 with a MX8 stock of nineties vintage

mia_2008_0303121.jpg
    This stock is difficult to find. It is a cast off unit from a mid 90s MX8. But note in this next picture what happens to a stock if the tangs fit too tightly. They chip at the top and crack at the bottom. That is why a gunsmith should relieve the tangs that fit too tightly and accrabed the bolt tang at the stock point. My upper tang area on the wood has been repaired. It had a semi-attached chip when I obtained the stock.
    mia_2008_0303122.jpg
    Re-glued and then some Minwax finish applied. And if you look closely you will note that ther is a few thousandths of space between the metal and the wood. This will not chip or crack again.

My gunsmith is Doug Braker. Good man to know and have work on your new (to you) perazzi. Doug is especially attentive to the pressure points of the wood/metal attachment.

My email is above. Write me anytime with a MX3 question. Usually I have a correct and complete answer.

Jack

3. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks so much for all the wonderful info. I am hoping someone has a nice adjustable but stock that they need to sell. Thanks

4. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

0   0   0

This is a Phil Simms English Walnut MX3 Special stock. 14 3/4" lop right hand with a 3/16 offset, very nutral. Bob Murray

5. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I have a stock that will fit...jack west 4 way adjustible soft top comb. $350 plus shipping.

[​IMG]

6. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bob M, you have a PM & email. Thanks

7. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

0   0   0

Bob M, You're spoiled now aren't you? Prosoft!!!!!! Nice photo for some lucky guy. Thanks Phil S.

8. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

You'll be hard pressed to find anything like this set for $1295

[​IMG]

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

joe...wow. You're right about that!!!

10. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Joe that is beautiful stock but I am looking for more of a English walnut look and something that does not have a recoil dampening device on it. That is the problem I have now. Thanks so much

11. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

These are fully inletted and will be cut and checkered to your specifications.
    There is a light coat of finish applied to demonstrate the beauty of the wood.
    Sold in current state of completion or finished...Take your pick

smoknjoe_2009_251036.jpg

View attachment 244166

12. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

0   0   0

Joe,
    How much would the bottom stock cost checkered and adjustable comb with matching forearm, What would be a ball park figure? Thanks Richie

13. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

, I would be interested to know the same info. Thanks

14. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Bryce and Rich,

Those custom stocks have wonderful roll-over combs that will be made to fit you. And adjustable comb can be installed but why? Besides the beauty of the wood, the real benefit of custom wood is the FIT!

OEM wood sets are made for the "AVERAGE" shooter. They are made adjustable to suit a wider range. Custom is made for YOU.

A completed English Walnut set such as pictured above would sell for $2250 to
    $2950 depending on how detailed your checkering pattern, what kind of recoil
    reduction system you prefer and how many fittings/adjustments are required.

15. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks guys for all the pictures. I am still considering some of the stock anybody out there have a Wenig New American Style stock?? Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.