1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for a new gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapmaster2563, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapmaster2563

trapmaster2563 TS Member

i have been shooting trap with my 11-87 sporting clays model with a 22 avg. but im looking to get a devoted trap gun. im looking into Berretta UGB25 Xcel(Semi-Auto), Berretta 682 Gold E o/u and Browning Cynergy Classic Trap with Adjustable Comb. I like to have the option to shot doubles also what is better under single or single for a trap gun. Berretta has the combo option so id like to know for future referance. i now the best gun is he one that fits me best but i want your opinion on the ont he gun quality.
    Thanks

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

The guns you mentioned are all good guns with the exception of the UGB25 as they are not available to my knowledge. A break action gun is more reliable than the clangerbangers.

3. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

of those you listed the beretta combo is without a doubt the best choice-rick zino

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Of the guns you mentioned, my choice would be the Beretta, but not the 682 Gold E O/U, and not a combo. I'd take a look at Joel Etchen's Guns and seriously consider one of the Beretta O/U trap guns he has made up on a 687 frame.

Even better advice is to take what you would spend on a new 682 Gold # o/u and buy a good used Perazzi MX-3 or MX-3 Special OR MX-8 o/u. Often you can find a used MX-3 or MX-3 Special Combo for around that price. Much better gun, fewer problems and better resale value.

5. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Depending on your level of involvement in the sport, I wouldnt disregard an SKB unsingle combo. One of the best quality cheap combo's you can find, imo. I paid about $1000 less than I would for a Beretta 682 X combo...tho I'm sure beretta is worth the extra $, if you have it to spare.

For trap, the unsingle would be best as long as it comes with an o/u barrel. That way you only have one trigger/setup to worry about as opposed to having a trap single AND a trap o/u.

6. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

What about a Beretta 682 Gold E? 30" barrels, flush Optima factory chokes, adj comb and butt pad. 200 rounds through the gun. $3000.00 If you want to make this into a comb. I have new tops single barrels that fit the 682. $845.00. Also have a new 682 Gold E top single combo 32/34 $4350.00
    Mike Battista

7. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

I really like zzt's response and urge you to look at better guns.

8. emm2

emm2 Member

Everyone has an opinion on the best gun but why buy used when you can buy new? I own a 682 gold-e with over 50,000 rounds and not a single malfunction. Perazzi are good guns but for the money you cannot beat the Beretta. Shane

9. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

As long as we are talking about B guns. Lets not forget about BROWNING

10. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i just purchased a browning citori special trap adjustable stock screw in chokes grade 3 wood hardcase for $1,500 used very little.i love it dbc61451

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.