1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking For a MEC Bottle Support

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim101, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I think there's 2 of them on e-bay right now. Just type MEC in the search window.

Jim

2. washandwear

washandwear Member

Cheap!

I use a piece of folded cardboard between the two bottles wrapped with 2" packing tape. Works for me.

3. Over-the-Hill

Over-the-Hill Member

Don't order it from Mec. Connie's has a good price.

http://conniescomponents.com/mec_bottle_support.html

4. guncase

guncase TS Member

I have the best Bottle Support for the MEC loader!! I sold 50 of them at the grand,, just a aluminum fixtures that fit on the bottle screw heads and the bottles fit tight into them. $20.00 pair plus $5 for priority mail!1 If you don't like them,, just send them back!! Paul @ Warwick

5. rumseyplum

rumseyplum TS Member

I got mine from my favorite gun shop..Shiremanstown Sports Shop...$10 or $12 bucks as I recall...well worth it..get one from wherever you can, holds the bottle still, Shiremanstown in Pa. Check your local listing...
    Bob F.

6. lct

lct TS Member

I made one out of a 3/4 pine board. Cut 2 half circles the size of the bottles and put the same seperation as the the plastic bottles with a bubber band around everthing. Works good.

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

retiredlt:

Where would I get any of the bubber bands at I done a search but couldn't locate any.

thanks

fog

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Do the factory supports just support around the bottles and keep the bottles from shaking or do they attach to the reloader as well?

9. ec90t

ec90t Guest

They attach to the reloader as well.

ec90t

10. primed

primed Well-Known Member

You should be aware that with the MEC bottle support, you can't tip the charge bar and bottles back far enough to run all of the powder and shot back into the bottles. If you change powder or shot size, you might find this inconvienient. If I had it to do over, I would order the supports that guncase Paul is offering.

FWIW

Bob

11. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Primed,

If you pull the lever down as you tilt the bottes back there is no problem. A couple of taps on the charge bar and your ready to go. Just remember to reset your index arm before starting up again.

ec90t

12. guncase

guncase TS Member

NO PICS ,, I have no way of doing that, they are just Heavy Aluminum rings that fit over the bottle screw caps and wedge on the top of the bar housing and the bottles fit tightly into the top. Simple but the most effective to stop vibrations!! Tell you what,,, send $27.00 for them and if you don't like them, send them back, I will pay the postage BOTH ways!!!! Thats how sure I am that they are the best................. Paul

13. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Paul, that is a pretty stand-up thing to do. I like that in a business man. I will be talking to you in the near future about a guncase!

ec90t

14. Bill Buffalo

Bill Buffalo Member

Paul, what is the address to mail a check to? and is your email address Paul@warwick.net or .com?

15. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Are bottle supports needed for the small bottles????

16. smoker

smoker Member

retiredlt, read your idea and...........IT WORKS!!! Thank you, smoker

17. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Same question as ke4yyd. I use a small bottle for shot and the larger bottle for powder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec bottle support home made