1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a lawn mower with starter you plug in

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by joe kuhn, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

My snow blower has this great electric starter you just plug in to an extension cord and push the button.

Are there any push mowers out there with a starter like my snow blower? Mowers I've seen with starters all have batteries. I'd like to avoid that...gift for Mom.

Thanks,
    Joe

2. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Joe -

You can get lawnmowers with the same feature. I have one, it's a Toro. I've never used it, however. It has a small battery that you can charge up and it starts with that. The Toro have the one-pull guarentee, and even Dianne doesn't have any problem pullig it to start it.

Scott

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I was looking at one at Sears a few months ago.

4. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

When i was a kid a friends mother complained about the yard not being cut. She even went so far at to say she would cut it herself if only she could start the mower. The friends father mounted an old washing machine motor on the garage wall, added a pulley to the top of the mower crankcase, then connected the thing with a v-belt. Simply attach the v-belt and pull back on the mower before flipping the switch. After cranking move the mower forward and the belt would fly off.

I think the old gal is still po'ed.

5. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Now she wants a treadmill for the winter. It's off to the mall. We'll swing by Sears and look at both. Thanks. Joe

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My daughter just got the Sears, and it has an on board battery also.

I don't know how much the starters consume but maybe a high power automotive battery charger with the engine start (200 amp) feature might do the trick after the battery sulfates in a couple years.

You need the charger anyway, and should not have to buy a replacement battery. But take it inside in the winter anyway while it's good.

HM

7. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Joe; You might want to look at a website called Treadmilldoctor.com before buying a treadmill. The largest mfgr. Proform may not be the best. I have one apart behind me right now and the Sears rep. could not fix it. This is my third and last Proform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.