1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a GOOD mesh shooting vest

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chris, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris TS Member

I am looking for a good mesh shooting vest. I don't mind paying for a good one that will last. Has anyone tried a John Storm vest. I have the coat and I am wondering if the vest is just as good?

I am open for suggestions!

Thank you in advance!

Chris

2. Janet

Janet TS Member

Chris - have a look at my web site listed above.

Janet CJ

3. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Nothing better than a Browning vest.

4. Bridger

Bridger Member

Take a look at Cabelas. Their best grade leather trimmed vest is one I've used for the last couple of years and I like them a lot.

5. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

The NRA sells a very good one for about $50.00. Check the NRA Store website.

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Browning mesh with the reactor pad. Fred

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

NOW, might be the right time to also check out Orvis as we enter their end of hunting season as they gear up for Spring.

Jay

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

not one to be easy one my clothing, Ive worked my browning with built in reactor pad to its limits. holding up strong. I searched the web for close outs. bought mine at blueridge sporting goods.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have found my Browning vests to be good. My wife insists that the color of my vest be coordinated with the other cloths I am wearing. I have about 20 different colors of vests and I am not allowed to wear the same one twice at one shoot. I follow orders.

Pat Ireland

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Pat, You never cease to amaze me. ;-) Jake

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Janet at CJ Enterprises. I've got one. www.CJshootingapparel.com. She makes real quality vests and coats.

12. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

another vote for Janet's C.J. vest and coats.

Foghorn

13. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

14. ashley

ashley TS Member

Hi Chris,

John is making mesh vests. I love mine but I'm partial, lol. They're all custom made and he will stand behind it just like with his coats.

Feel free to call him for more information. 402-430-7612

Beverly

15. coho

coho Member

i have a browning and a cabelas vest. the cabelas is made of much heaver material and it has leather where my browning has cloth and if i remeber corretly, the cabelas was cheaper. I cut the reactor pad out of the browning and sewed it into the cabelas so I have the best of both.

16. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I just got an email from Orvis - they have 2 styles of warm weather vests on clearance for $70. I believe they call them "sporting clays" vests with full pads and mesh backs - one is ultra suede, the other has leather.

Jay

17. guncase

guncase TS Member

I would like to have a MESH VEST,,but all that I have seen have over half material on them.. I want just mesh!! no pad, shell pockets can even be mesh if it is heavy enough to keep it's shape. I have a hard time shooting in a coat, need something super light!! Paul

18. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Best bet is janet, most mesh of all the ones ive seen. CALL HER tell her what you want, Im sure she can do it. call call call.

19. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Another vote for Janet!!! Has great quality goods and is far more fun to have a drink with than some of the other suppliers. I love my shooting coat she had built for me!! Hap

20. bow377

bow377 TS Member

Chris, you've received a lot of good advise on here, and it should please you. I'm a lot like Pat Ireland on this one I have over (20) vests. I at one time was a ( PRO ) in another sport. My sponors (3) (that's all I needed) insisted on proper apparel, Which they payed for. Had Janet at CJ enterprises Made the type of apparel I needed than she would have been my supplier. There's NO need for a vote you've seen the REST now go with the BEST. No I don't work for CJ enterprises I've never meet Janets, I'm out here in the (land of FRUITS & NUTS ) Califorina

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.