1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a golf cart ,need help.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jdhog, Aug 12, 2013.

1. jdhog

jdhog Member

Hi everyone .
    Looking for a golf cart for shooting use lots out there and a 1st time buyer so was hoping .That those that have them would not mind giving up the good and bad on what they have come to know .And I thank you all for looking at this .
    Jdhog

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Get gas!!!! any are ok..I have an EZ-go..lots of power and performs well as a yard mule too with its twin cylinder engine..used to have a Yamaha..ran super just not quite as much oomph with a load on board

3. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

I got electric. 48 v. Charges in about 8 hrs. One charge is good for about 4-5 days at a big shoot. No gas to go stale, no oil to change, no fumes or pollution. Buy brand name....EZ go has the most aftermarket parts if you want to trick it out. Accessories are limited only by your checkbook. Wheels,tires, liftkits, motor upgrades, lights.....all are available. Have fun!

4. John 53

John 53 Member

Go gas. You never have an 8 hour downtime for charging, which usually happens towards the end of a shoot and you really don't feel like hoofing it. A little bit of StaBil and no gas worries. Mine goes by the gas pumps twice a year whether it needs it or not.

5. red hammer

red hammer Member

I've had both prefer gas because at big shoot caint find place to charge it Gas just punch and go. Stick with major brands.

6. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I have Yamaha fitted with a dump box. Single cylinder gas motor. The grand kids haven't been able to wear it out yet and they have tried. It's an '04 and still has the original everything except drive belt. Bill

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

Gas all the way, unless you have a lot of very steep terrain.

Jb

8. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have two electric EZ go carts here on the farm. They have worked well for us. Batteries will cost you about $700, plus cables. The battery acid will eventually corrode the aluminum frame. I did check into trading them in for a gas model. The gas EZ go was a 2012 model with a box on the back. $5900 out the door, or $4000 with my trade-ins. My chargers have had to have the rectifiers replaced. About $160. I'll probably trade for a gas model next year. My dealer recommends gas models over battery models. Hope that helps.

9. pumpernck

pumpernck Member

One important thing to consider that was not previously mentioned. Gas carts are approximately 500 lbs. lighter than the electric carts. That is a lot of weight, especially if you plan to tow it with your truck anywhere. The batteries last about 4-5 yrs and have to be replaced after that at a cost of about $700 or so. I have had both, now have a gas one. Good luck with your choice.

10. jdhog

jdhog Member

Thanks everyone for your great input , I now need to be on the look out for one up in wis . If anyone knows of any please let me know ok .
    And again thanks for all your kindness .
    JDHOG

11. jdhog

jdhog Member

12. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

I have an electric ez go. I just finished the World Sporting Clays Tournament in Galt. Up hills and down dales. 3 days, only half gone.

I carry a generator when I am on a major shoot. Have never had to use it in 5 years.

The nice thing about electric is, you step on the accelerator and it goes. No fumes, no need to look after the battery...quiet.

13. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

This is the Gas 2007 Yamaha that I have had for 4 years. I put a couple of gun racks in the back, had it painted , put on some new tires and wheels and later put on the light kit. It gets the snot run out of it for two months straight, then I wash it and put it under cover and it is ready in the spring.

This is my second Yamaha gas cart the last one was a 1991 and the guy that has it now drives it around his place year round. Neither have ever had a problem. These things are as bullet proof as you can get.

Jim R

14. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

[​IMG]
    I prefer a quality side by side UTV with padded gun carriers.

15. jdhog

jdhog Member

Those are some nice rigs , gas or electric now this is the ??? I need to think over .
    jdhog

Search tags for this page

gun scabbards for golf carts

gun scabbards for utvs

rifles holder for utv
sporting clay gun rack for atv
sporting clays cart gun racks
sporting clays cart racks

sporting clays gun cart scabbards

utv gun holder