1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a dog

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jimborn, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimborn

Jimborn TS Member

I'm looking for a German Shorthair/Labrador Retriever cross, any ideas??? I have one, and would be interested in owning another. Thanks

2. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Tell me about this cross, when used as a hunting dog.

3. Jimborn

Jimborn TS Member

Doug, The one I have now has a REALLY good nose, hunts close, retrieves well, (water and land) minds well, points from time to time (Roosters in Western Nebraska tend to run on you) and is a really great friend. He's short haired, head like a short hair, body like a lab, kinda funny lookin' but a joy to hunt with, wish I could clone him, that's why I'm kinda lookin' for another, he's 6 yrs. (Growls at strangers and doesn't like kids) I took him from some real cruddy people when he was just a pup, and think he had some bad experiences. When I took him, he was 4 months and tied up with bailing wire which had grown into his neck. I'm an animal control officer, and they were charged. Good Day Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.