1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a Custom Spinning Rod Maker

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by map@neo, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. map@neo

map@neo Member

Can any one recommend a good spinning rod maker? I am interested in having a small (4'8") graphite, super ultra light spinning rod made. Last couple of seasons I started fishing extremely small brooks for our native trout. The banks are very brushy with a lot of overhangs and the casting is short and tight. All my current rods are too long and too stiff to manuver easily. I am having a ball catching little "Brook Trout" in the 6 - 8" range, like when I was a kid (but did'nt know any difference). Looking for a quality product at a reasonable price. Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated. Thank you so much.

map

2. jlb

jlb Member

I don't know if Bob would make a spinning rod but his fly rods are excellent.

http://www.flyrodcrafters.com/servlet/the-template/locator/Page

jlb

3. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Big Hole makes some nice rods. 406-380-0986

Doug

4. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

Contact Ray Hamilton at 509-947-0770. He has been making custom rods for a very long time and his work is second to none. He isn't cheap but he will put any custom wrap, eyelets, or reel seat on your rod that you want. He only uses top notch components. You won't be disappointed, I guarantee it.

Rod

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I made several small ultra light rods myself using blanks and supplies I bought from Mud Hole. I provided a link to their site above. I could never find light enough spinning rods to work with the 64th, 80th and 100th ounce jigs and 2lb test I like to use for Crappie and Bluegill. Just in case you would be interested in building your own. Its actually a fun little hobbie but can be quite expensive if you let it.

6. map@neo

map@neo Member

Thanks for the info. everyone.

Best regards to all,

map

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.