1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a cheap 1911.45

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by shannon391, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

I was looking for a .45 1911 to use a truck gun. I'm not looking for anything nice. worn and rusty no problem.

Something to leave in the truck that I would not lose sleep if stolen.

Thanks, shannon

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Try a Rock Island if you can't find a used one. $500 new. I have one in 9mm, and have been pleasantly surprised by it's accuracy and reliability

3. algebra1

algebra1 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

How about a Smith 745 for $385?

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

Go to a gunshow in your area and watch the people walking around with one. And or look the tables over.

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

I'll be the hall monitor much as I hate it.

Leaving a firearm in your vehicle unattended for long periods is a bad idea even if it's something cheap you don't mind losing.

Anything you keep around to bet your life on if it comes to it ought to be of good if not great quality. Like we used to say in motorcycles, If you have a $20 head then get a $20 helmet.

7. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

How is it that people are not concerned about firearms being stolen? Forget the cost of the gun, but what about the guy that uses it to commit murder? Don't you have any concerns about being responsible with a firearm?

I am 1000% pro-gun, but also for RESPONSIBLE ownership and not just "throw it in the car and hope it doesn't get stolen!"

8. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'll also vote for Rock Island Arsenal. They make a good quality, basic, reliable 1911 in 45, 9mm, and 38 Super. Right now delivered to your FFL from Bud's Guns for $385

9. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I don't know about others experiences, but the S&W's in 45 ACP,

DON'T shoot for sour apples!

10. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

0   0   0

Wow, you are asking for a lot of trouble leaving a loaded gun in your truck. If something happens you and only you will be responsable. And besides the obvious risk, a semi auto rattling around in a truck may not go bang when you want it to!

Cheers,

George

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Shannon never said it would be in his truck 24/7. None of us know where he travels or works, or how often he may feel he needs the protection. Kind of jumping the gun (pun) aren't you?

12. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

<i>"Something to leave in the truck that I would not lose sleep if stolen."</i>

Nope. This pretty much sums it up. Any need for protection does not require your loaded firearm to be left behind in the truck to be stolen when you are not there. He might have a valid need for protection and I'm sure that he probably has a carry piece. Leaving a loaded one in the truck unsecured is different.

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Shannon--There is a Kahr/Thompson 1911 in 10mm for sale here on this site for $495. That's not too bad price wise and the 10mm is more than adequate for a protection round. Link above. Just say'n...................

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

Setterman has it,

I'm a contractor that provides bids at several places a day, some of these places do not allow handguns in their buildings so I lock my carry gun in my truck vault with other expensive and dangerous tools.

It comes in with me at night. I want to start with a basic .45 then build it to my specs.

Paul, your an idiot. And by the way, I've bought and sold many guns on this site over the last seven-eight years.

I do take the loss of any firearm serious but I would REALLY hate to lose my Wilson Compact.

15. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

0   0   0

I'll second a Rock Island- I bought the Tactical because my old eyes need the better sights, and my left(shooting) hand needed the ambi safety. Out the door price was just under $500..Rock Island shooters say "Rocks ROCK!"

Larry

16. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

0   0   0

You guys are ridiculous. Good luck Shannon (don't tell them about your NRA/ Browning buckmark sticker in the rear window or people will start stroking).

17. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

Remstar311,

Thanks,

It's actually a Caesar Guerini sticker that was given to me by the factory rep when I made my states first team...

Kim Rodes, Gold medalist, had her coveted trap gun stolen from her truck last year or so ago, I hope she recovered it and no one was hurt.

18. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Let me understand!!!

His gun, his truck. If he locks the truck, he has taken reasonable steps to secure the gun. So........some clown breaks in (making Shannon391 a crime victim) and now he's the bad guy. Blame the victim??? Is it different if it's a trap gun that's stolen and used in a crime? Is it different if it's stolen from his house or off his belt? I don't think so. You guys deserve a "Democrat of America" badge hand signed by Obummer and another glass of the Kool-Aid.

Bob

19. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

Bob, read the thread again in chronological order. The info about the secured gun was posted AFTER his initial comments and mine and other responses. I doubt you'll find many democrats, but you will find people who care about being responsible firearm owners.

And say, for example, that your firearm is left UNLOCKED and then stolen and used in a crime, you bet your ass that YOU will be on the hot seat for it.

20. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

Who ever said anything about loaded and unlocked?

You guys are the ones jumping to conclusions. I don't keep it on the dash next to the mason jar of shine, or in the glove box with all the unpaid tickets.

I'm a law biding ccw holder that has never even had a traffic violation or ticket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.