1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for a camera

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Jun 19, 2013.

1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Looking for an ok digital camera--criteria good battery life and must be ok for pictures of guns, especially close up shots

Thanx

Phil Berkowitz

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Most of the good point and shoots are excellent, but for close up photography you may want a DSLR with manual focus ability. There are some good deals out there on Canon, Sony and Nikon. I use a Sony Alpha A55 and it's been excellent.

Ron Burr

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Many of the new smart phones have excellent cameras.

Mine will focus nicely ... even as close as 4 inches.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Just about any $50 digital at target/best buy/walmart will be adequate. I'm still using an ancient 4mp Kodak Easyshare, which has been perfectly adequate. Biggest key is lighting and background for gun photography, the best camera in the world won't overcome poor lighting or background. I'm certainly not the best gun photographer on here, but I think I do ok.

My iphone is 5mp, but isn't as easy to use as a standalone camera when taking and uploading multiple pics.

5. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

My daughter gave me this year her 9 year old Canon 200. Works great for gun pics and other stuf. Lee

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have always had Nikon. Great camera's and great service. The battery I'm very pleased with. If you need a close up lens all you have to do is switch them out. The len's are removeable and you have a great choice of len's. Go with Nikon.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Look at the Nikon 2300 or 2500, about $100.00 with a 16mb card ($12.00) you can take about 1200 pictures. And the camera fits in you pocket. Rechargeable, no batteries.

8. SBray

SBray Active Member

Phil,

I have a Canon Power Shot S95 that takes great photos. It is small and easy to carry. Like mentioned before, the IPhones take very good photos. I use it most, but if I want a nicer quality shot, I use the Canon. For all I know, the IPhone might have a better lens.

Steve