1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a 391 shell catcher

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by darincraft, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darincraft

darincraft Member

I'm looking for a shell catcher for my 391 that won't scratch the receiver and can be easily removed for doubles. I was looking at the T&S brand, however they're metal and I am worried if it gets removed and replaced to often it will damage the receiver.

Thanks
    Darin

2. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

I use a T&S - if there's any metal at all in it, it is completely covered with plastic. Unless they have recently changed their products, they do not scratch the receiver.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Darin---You may want to look into the bead they weld in the reciever that directs the hulls straight down to the ground. Tron on here does this mod and it is the way alot of 391 users go. There are many others that can do this as well. The modification is not real expensive and doesn't hinder the normal operation of the gun what-so-ever. You cannot tell the mod has been done by outwards apperance. I included Trons contact info above and it shows pricing for such on his site. He does great work and many here will atest to that. Just a thought anyway. I believe he charges $60. Go to the price list. It shows pricing and a description of this deflector.

Matt

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Of course, the deflector is not a shell catcher. The T & S shell catcher is completely covered with plastic except for the top edge that fits inside the
    chamber, which is steel.
    The T & S shell catcher won't scratch your gun, and is 100% reliable.
    One day I'm going to have Tron put one of the deflectors on my barrel - the problem is that they should be tuned to a certain shell and I shoot whatever I can get my hands on cheap.

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

you have a PM

6. darincraft

darincraft Member

Thanks for the great info guys. I was looking at the "how it functions" pics of the T&S, however after your posts I looked at a couple of more sites and saw that it is plastic covered metal.

Thanks guys
    Darin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.