1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for 257 WBY Brass

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Shane in WI, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane in WI

Shane in WI TS Member

0   0   0

I won a new Weatherby rifle at a NRA dinner and have started to collect the necessary items to load for it. Seems that Norma is the only one who makes brass and Weatherby is the only loaded ammo available. Thought I'd send out a note and see if any is available here. Any favorite loads that I should work from to start?
    Thanks,
    Shane

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

I se to run 264 and 7Mag brass thru the 257 Weatherby die and check length.. Never had a problem..

3. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

0   0   0

I puchased 100 rounds of Weatherby new unprimed brass from Cabelas a couple of years ago for around $100 plus shipping. If you haven't bought dies yet there was a set of Hornady brand for the 257 WBY on flea bay last night still at a pretty good price.

I have an Accu Mark Mark 5 in this caliber, great gun.

4. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

0   0   0

Shane, Weatherby brass tends to be somewhat soft and short-lived, not to mention the outrageous cost of their loaded ammo in the first place.

Unprimed Federal brass is the way to go - 100 rounds will last you forever.

Jim

5. Shane in WI

Shane in WI TS Member

0   0   0

03a3shooter, I didn't get your PM. Would you be able to email me the info? I wasn't aware that Federal sold brass for this caliber. I'll have to do some more looking. I ordered a Monarch scope for this rifle the other day. For a "free" gun, it's adding up pretty quickly. I'm excited to get some shooting time with my new toy.
    Thanks for the info.
    Shane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.