1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking at Krieghoff KX-5 vs KX-6

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rge724, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rge724

rge724 TS Member

Like the KX-5, have not seen the KX-6 (other than pics), would like to hear what owners think. Plan to buy in the next 3 months. Thanks, Rudy Eidam

2. rge724

rge724 TS Member

Are KX-5s still available (new or nearly new), and what do the KX-6s offer over the KX-5s?

3. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I had a KX-5 and put a gracoil on it to tame it down...

I wish I had never sold it.

FRedmon

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Have shot them both, both are great guns. The Five is old school Krieghoff, the Six looks like a Buck Rogers gun (I like the Six better). Not critical, the Six is a fabulous, soft shooter.

5. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Are we going to start this again????? we had 6k hits the last time.Perry

6. chemist

chemist Member

just bought a KX 5 on this site.It was about 3.2K with shipping. Very nice shape and a great seller. Happy with the mechanics, esthetics and fit. Still getting used to it, as I also shoot an XT unsingle, that I have sent for a rebuild. I will know more when I can maintain the same amount of clothing layers and I am not shivering. There is a KX 6 on the site for sale. Mine has a recoil system RAD II and I shoot 1 oz at 1200 fps with no recoil problem. ( I have a bad shoulder ) I also have not seen the KX 6 except in pics which make it look sleeker. I looked at 4 KX5s that are shot by club members, who like their guns, before I committed to buying the one that I did. I am not sorry that I bought mine but everybody is different in their shooting choices.Try to find someone at a local club or shop that you can physical pick up or even shoot. Hope this info helps.

Rich K - chemist

7. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Had a KX5 ran 25straight out the case first time out. Took it to ATA and shot 200 singles and 100 caps, I was sore had to skip week ouf shooting. Cant complain gun shot straights if I did my part BUT I couldnt bring myself to cut the wood. Sent it on to a Gent who was tickled with it. Noone here has a 6 to try yet.

Jerry Lewis

8. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

One of the guys that shoots in the Saturday league with me has a KX6. He has had it for about 5 weeks and IS NOT a big fan. He was ready to sell it last Sat, but he was shooting it again today. He does not like the way it handles and he cannot break any kind of score with it.

Oscar

9. bgf

bgf Active Member

Big-C...,

Do you think that Kriegoff would sell a gun at the asking price of a KX6 with decal wood? Paaleeese...

Bernie

10. roscoeparker

roscoeparker Member

I have a friend which has a new KX6 shot very little gun is new and beautiful wood, wants to sell the gun cheap $4,800.00 deceided he wants a K80 has a 34" barrel with a release trigger which can be removed call him his name is Bill Nevill he is in baltimore # 410- 676-9089

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Its called enhanced grain. It is real wood but it looks like it is dipped for the grain enhancement. Not to impressed.

12. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

There are some folks on this forum who would bitch if the KX-6 had grade Six wood, gold inlay, and went for $500.

13. WZsembik

WZsembik Member

I held and shouldered one for the first time yesterday. Initial impressions were it feels nice on the shoulder. My head position and eye / rib line up felt really good. ( I shoot a 99-Plus with the higher adj. rib) It felt a touch light to me (but then again I have a 6 oz Briley weight out on the barrel of my 99-plus an a bit of lead in the stock). I like the matte bluing, and the enhanced wood looks nice in the rack...if you look really closely - through the laser burnishing, you can see pretty basic grained wood underneath. I think I would prefer non enhanced wood, but I like the ergonomic design of the stock - looks nice. We were running short on light, so I never got a chance to try it..maybe next weekend. Supposed to be light on recoil...I liked the feel of the action as I opened/closed it...never shot a KS/KX to compare top lever feel...

I think in the end you need to try both and see which one works for you.

14. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I've owned a KX-5 for over two years now and it is a great gun. I've had some milestones with it that I haven't obtained from any of my other guns. For example, when I bought it I bought it used. I took it out of the case to the range and left the adjustable rib the way the person that owned the gun before me had it set. I couldn't hit my butt to save my life.

I then shot 4 more rounds, making adjustments to the rib each time until I ran 25 straight with it. I haven't made any more adjustments since then and have gotten a yard punch to the 24 yard line with a 98 and also shot my first ever 100 straight 16 yard targets with it.

It does kick like a mule and after shooting for 3 days straight over 600 targets my shoulder was feeling pretty beat up. But I identified why, and it was the butt pad I was using. My shoulder was closing around the kick-eze pad and rubbing against the side of the pad, causing a sore spot. I have since changed to a gooey pad and don't have that issue any more. But I don't imagine there are very many differences between the KX-5 and the KX-6.

15. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I bought my KX-5 a year ago and ran more straights then ever, for me it is a soft shooter

16. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

I shoot a KS-5 Special with a release and a TRON adjustable buttplate and the thick kickezz pad. With the buttplate adjusted for me I can shoot all day with it. What I like most is the simple strong receiver/trigger design and solid feel when shooting. I love this gun and will not part with it. BTW bought it from Joe90T here on TS, great guy to do business with. Joe

17. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

A couple shooters here had KX-5's and bought KX-6's when they first came out. Every one of them has since sold the KX-6. KX-5 is a much nicer traditional looking sporting arm. Don't think the KX-6 offers any more adjustability than the 5. Cosmetics seem to be the only change.....and price. KX-6...too trendy looking for me. JMO.

18. steve coker

steve coker Member

I have a great Kx-5 for sale. One of a kind wood with a gracoil system. Asking 3,400.00, if interested I will send pic's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
k80 vs kx6

krieghoff ks5 vs kx5 difference

krieghoff kx 6 vs

krieghoff kx 6 vs kx 5
krieghoff kx-5 or 6

krieghoff kx5 vs kx6

kx5 vs kx6
which model made first kx5 or kx5 special krieghoff