1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking at Kolar T/A Combo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dale58, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

Thinking of buying a kolar t/a combo. I'm looking for opinions from people who own them. At almost $15000.00 i wonder if owners think they are worth the money. Thanks. Dale

2. below 0

below 0 TS Member

I've owned mine for 8 years and havn't regretted purchasing it for a moment. Go right to Racine , unless you have a dealer close by, and talk to Jeff Maintland. You can push the botton to make your custom made stock, see the wood before you cut it and they will custom make your new Kolar so it fits you perfectly. Don't hesitate. They are worth every penny. Odie

3. zstaylor2

zstaylor2 Member

I've had mine about a month know and i love it its the softest shooting gun.Jeff Mainland fitted me and went back to Racine and picked me out a nice chunk of wood and made me a stock.The triggers have almost no creep and if your thinking about it maybe shoot somebody elses to if you like it, last year at the grand I went into dupont/krieghoff and got a demo never shot one before and went out and shot a 24. If i was going to get another gun it would be a kolar. Zach

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I used to own a t/a combo and started to shoot it very good. The only two things I did not like about it is it was a heavy gun and after owning my k 80 the kolar swung like a 2x4. The other thing is a kolar seems to always have a lower resale and are harder to sale. They are how ever, built like a tank. For sure one of the best built guns made.
    Please remember that it does not matter what me or anybody else says because in the end the gun has to fit you and not us. Try to shoot as many different guns as you can because if it don,t fit or you can,t shoot it it will be a very expensive mistake. Good luck with your decision.

5. Remington STS

Remington STS TS Member

Had my TA since 07' softest shooting gun I've ever shot. Shoot AA super handicap from 27 and don't even feel them go off. That could very but I've heard others having similar success. STS

6. 1WoodNut

1WoodNut TS Member

U have a PM

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I have my second one (the first one was stolen). IMHO these are great guns. Mine shoots way better than I do. Try one and make sure it works for you. The folks at Kolar are fabulous to work with. I can't foresee me ever shooting any other competition target shotgun. Bill Malcolm

8. trap_shooter2000

trap_shooter2000 Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Good morning dale58. Glad to hear you are considering a Kolar Shotgun! We look forward to hopefully working with you in the near future.

Feel free to contact me with regards to ordering, info, pricing,etc.
    (I also sent you a PM)

Thanks, Aaron Willoughby
    Kolar Arms-Field Representative
    phone 606-481-0955

9. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Aaron,

I've also been considering one, could you give me some info also.

Thanks

10. trap_shooter2000

trap_shooter2000 Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Absolutely kgun! You have a PM.
    Thanks, Aaron Willoughby
    Kolar Arms-Field Representative phone 606-481-0955

11. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the feedback, i really do appreciate it Dale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.