1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking at getting Post 4 lense color??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bill Roberts, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

Looking at getting some post 4's.
    Have no idea on what lense color to get? They will be prescription
    So I'm trying to keep it to two colors.
    Help needed guys, what color and why?

Thx

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Looking at getting Post 4's, lens color questions?

Sorry Bill, but lens color is a very individual thing.

How I, or someone else, perceives a color my be totally different than how you perceive the same color.

The best thing to do is find a Post 4 dealer at a shoot and try the different colors that they have. You will probably have to try them on over your existing prescription glasses, but you should be able to stand behind a squad and watch targets to see what works best for you.

The general advice is to get a lens that is only tinted as much as necessary. As I've gotten older I've moved to just about the lightest tint possible. Heavy tints make the target harder to see (for me.)

Your experience, as I indicated above, may be entirely different.

3. earlybird

earlybird TS Member

Bill; V10's advice is good, but if that isn't possible for you: FOR MY EYES: on a bright day, against a blue sky, purple (theirs is some kind of passion purple)- it intensifies the blue of the sky, and somewhat the orange of the target. Second would be vermillion when shooting against treeline or other green; it flattens the green, and REALLY highlights the orange. All that said, my favorite all around is Randolph light purple; as V10 said, less can be more.

4. releasebob

releasebob Member

I agree that it is personal preference but just like a trap gun try before you buy I bought the Purple passion for bright days which I like OK but I found out that the gray polarized worked better for me when it's really sunny over the course of a long day my eyes stay more relaxed and have less eye strain.BOB

5. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

I've worn post 4 for five years and always found that talking to the owner can be very helpful. My new lenses this year include copper for bright sunny days, and a light orange for cloudy days and a vermillion for nighttime. I've worn the copper for two weeks and found them to be great with orange targets.

It's still a good idea to test how each color works for you, but if not possible, I'd listen to the Doc.

6. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

What has worked for me best for all situations is Pink Blaze. JM

7. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

I talked with Mike at Post 4. Great to deal with.
    I went with his recommendation. Great to talk with.

Thx guys!
    Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.