1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

looking 4 video of shot shell caught in hat

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FLIP, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLIP

FLIP Member

someone had a link to a model 12 with the barrel off,shell in receiver its shot and they catch the shot and wad in a hat, anybody have this or know where i can get it?
  2. FLIP

FLIP Member

http://www.military.com/video/guns/shotguns/shotgun-shell-no-barrel/1303027328001/

found this one but still looking
  3. FLIP

FLIP Member

heard herb parsons did it ? anybody
  4. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

Parsons did it with low brass PAPER Western Xpert skeet/trap loads. The side of the shell would rupture and spill the components out into the hat. I don't think that I would try it with a plastic case shell though. The trick might not have a happy ending!
  5. Big Jack

Big Jack Active Member

Cost me $10 to have a fella show me that trick. Any factory trap shell from either a Winchester Model 12 or a Remington Model 31. It works but you have to tear the action down to remove the shell from the headspace ring.

Big Jack
  6. Quick 1

Quick 1 Member

Big Jack is correct, except it only cost him half price of what it cost me to learn about forty years ago. Have done it several times times, all with plastic hulls. It lifts the hat a few inches off the receiver. It can however,take a while to get the hull out of the chamber ring! Not the best thing to do to impress intelligence!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.