1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Look What Came as a Gift Today

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whiz white, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I was totally taken aback today when the mailman walked into the shop and handed me this package from Ed Haley in Plymouth WA.

Ed and I have become close over the phone regarding Perazzis and just general BS. As I have always said, this trapshooting is more of a "fraternity" than a business with me. Ed and I have been doing some business, but we mostly just BS about shooting. Wanted to see him in July and planned a trip down from Spokane, but when my wife was injured (5 broken bones - Olecranon fracture)
    we had to make a pretty quick trip back to Rapid City from the hospital in Spokane. Incidentally, there is a surgeon there who walks on water - Carla Smith!!

I called Ed's wife moments ago who owns the business called IMAGINATION - Custom Laser Engraving to thank her. Sheryl said that Ed told her to take some of my logos and "see what you can do with them."

WOW! This is what she did and it is a cherry wood custom framed sign.

I am totally blown away - Thanks to Ed and Sheryl.

[​IMG]

On another note, I let Cabela's sell one of my Perazzi combos today. I handed them a damned near brand new MX14 combo that I just can't seem to shoot. I've run about 500 shells through it, but just not used to the un-single barrel. I can shoot the heck out of the double barrel. Wanted to keep the wood, but didn't. It should be on their gun library website in two days I was told.

Whiz White<BR>
    S&W Supply

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Whiz, good things happen to good people and what a nice trophy.I don't know you other than you selling me my P/W 800+. You are what people who think they are business people should be like. I certainly thank you for helping me out on my deal as it was as smooth as it gets.
    Have a great day Whiz and keep up the good work.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The Unsingle often has a learning curve. I am one of the lucky ones. The first time I shot one, a bell went off in my head and I knew one was in my future.

There are many who have trouble adjusting to them.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

S Coach: The really amazing thing about the MX14 is that it is SO DAMN comfortable to shoot, and so little recoil, but I think my eyes subconsciously "see" that bottom barrel when I instinctively swing and shoot.

My other older combo is the one that I shoot best, especially from the 27, but it fits me like a log. It shot it and one like it for about 30 years, so changing for this old dog ain't easy.

I was thinking that if the 14 doesn't sell, I will use that stock on the older combo. The newer wood is like SCO wood, and so it the older one's wood, which was a recent upgrade also.

Whiz

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

If your front door is in good shape, hang it on there.

6. chipped99

chipped99 Active Member

Looks like a custom gift for someone that full well deserves it!Keep up the great customer service and who knows what wonderful things will come your way.Why not just borrow MIA'S new MX-15 and learn to shoot an unsingle at his expense!He won't mind.....Tony

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Whiz, As someone put it so well..........good things happen to good people.

Whiz, if it's any consolation, I tried two different higher ribbed barrels and have since gone back to a medium, or mid rib barrel and am shooting it much better.

Before I bought a high rib gun, I was told by someone (Merlyn) that not everyone can shoot them.

Don't know if he was right or not, (as I won't admit it in print, he'd gloat to much), but a high rib is not for all of us shooters.

Good luck and good shooting, Whiz!

Hauxfan!

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Whiz you should trade it in on a top single/combo K80 Special and all your troubles would be over. I know you are a Perazzi man but mircles do happen.

Don

PS: Nice sign

9. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

Whiz ,,Thanks for bring to T.S. com what Sheryl can do ,,She made our complete trophy package this past year ,,people were thrilled to get something different and also useful ,,Sheryl can put what ever image you wnt on gun stocks or what ever ,,The Haleys are both super people to deal with ,,,
    David Lang
    President
    Almira Gun Club

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.